HELP! i need a box for under my seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! i need a box for under my seat

I have a supercab 99 f150 and i was hoping that someone could help me out.....i am wanting to fit 2 10's under the backseat with no modifacations to the seat, is this possible? any help is appreciated.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:41 AM
It's possible, but without a seat lift your sub selection possibilities will be limited by mounting depth. Check out http://www.supercrewsound.com and http://www.subbox.net for examples of what is out there.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:50 PM
yup, go to www.supercrewsound.com and www.subbox.net and you'll find a few different boxes to choose from. you'll be limited to how deep of a sub you can buy. www.subbox.net has a selection of shallow depth subs for their boxes to help you decide.

good luck

rockafella

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=4778

Old 10-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I think that i have mostly decided on the box from subbox.net that fits under the back seat and comes with the sub already. I believe its like a 7 unless i read it wrong...also i read about it and it says it beats most of the 10's and ties with some 12's. Sounds good enough for me!

Old 10-22-2004, 12:02 AM
nevermind...ive changed my mind again...theres one from that other website he mentioned that fits 2 10's or 12's that i am more interested in...anybody used any of these?

Old 10-22-2004, 05:48 AM
Because of the mounting depth, as limited as your choices are, the audible differences between any two 10s and 12s isn't going to be astounding. As mentioned before, if you use a lift kit you will have a wider range of choices and that fact will change. Also, have you given thought to amp location? I personally have the MTX Thunderform with two 8s. It will not scramble your brain, but it suits my needs right now and blends nicely with my system. With the Thunder 8000s I have no doubt it performs as well as some 10s. And it leaves room for my amp under the driver's side rear. Very handy. But, it is what it is. If you are wanting huge bass this isn't the way to go. In fact, if you are wanting huge bass you need a lift kit so you can open up your selection choices beyond subs with less than 5" mounting depth, which is what you are stuck with without a lift. That mounting depth limits the performance capabilities of the subs so much that there just isn't a big audible difference in what's available, whether it be 10s, 12s, etc. It's all about cone movement and moving air. That's why there are high end 8s that will outperform some 12s. The sheer diameter of a sub is only part of the equation.

Quick Reply: HELP! i need a box for under my seat