How to Disable seatbelt reminder?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Disable seatbelt reminder?

Hello All,
I just bought an 04 Lariat Super Crew. Anyone know how to disable that annoying seatbelt reminder?

Old 10-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Look on page 114 of manual.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks Dupis,
Actually I found it on page 126. That thing was drivin me nuts!!! I saw your gallery it looks great! Do you have power driver and passenger seats? I don't think I have that much space under my front seat for an amp.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by MotorPsycho911
Thanks Dupis,
Actually I found it on page 126. That thing was drivin me nuts!!! I saw your gallery it looks great! Do you have power driver and passenger seats? I don't think I have that much space under my front seat for an amp.
Sorry, I did a search and that's what I found in some old threads.
Just so you got it done.
Just my drivers seat is power. Remember that there is an air vent under the passenger seat, so if you put an amp under there you will have keep it raised like I did to keep that air flowing. Look at my picture of it. The back end of the amp sits on top of the vent and the front end of the amp is raised using long screws that I filed down to a point to hold it in place.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Dupuis,
Is the amp you have under your seat actually bolted down to anything? I have an '03 and I want to put some amps in it eventually, but I don't want to start drilling holes in the truck. I like the way you mounted the sub amp under your seat. I don't suppose I could get the dimensions and a materials list from you for that. The space under the seat in your '04 looks identical to that in my '03 even though I have a Supercab. Any suggestions would be great. I traded a Jeep Wrangler for my '03 a couple weeks ago and haven't looked back. I had an Explorer prior to that and missed the Explorer after I got rid of it. Anyway, I have a Clarion Sirius tuner on the way along with two pairs of Infinity Reference 6X8s to replace the stock speakers. Hopefully after Christmas I'll round up a 4-channel amp and then I'm going to be looking for a space saving design sub of some sort. I thought about getting one of those MTX Thunderform enclosures, but I don't really want to spend that much money on subs.

Thanks,
Nathan

Old 11-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Oops.... I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I had been reading some of Dupuis's other posts before coming in here and forgot where I was...

Old 11-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Don't you wear a seatbelt?????
Isn't it a law where you live that you must wear it???
It is here in Florida and just about every state along the East Coast. The driver receives a 45.00 fine for every person in the vehicle that isn't strapped in.
First time you hit somebody or something you'll wish you did wear it.

My 24 year old daughter lost control of her '99 Honda Accord in the rain and slid passengers side first into a tree. She woke up sitting in the pass seat, her head busted out the pass window and cracked the windshield.
And yes, the airbags deployed, but they're only good in a frontal impact, not a side hit.
She almost lost her right ear (was sewn back on), had a severe concussion, and 38 staples in her scalp.
Other injuries were two broken ribs and neck injuries. Along with various burses and such.
How fast was she going? 40 mph.

May you be so lucky.

Last edited by Iggy; 11-19-2004 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Iggy
Don't you wear a seatbelt?????
Isn't it a law where you live that you must wear it???
It is here in Florida and just about every state along the East Coast. The driver receives a 45.00 fine for every person in the vehicle that isn't strapped in.
First time you hit somebody or something you'll wish you did wear it.

My 24 year old daughter lost control of her '99 Honda Accord in the rain and slid passengers side first into a tree. She woke up sitting in the pass seat, her head busted out the pass window and cracked the windshield.
And yes, the airbags deployed, but they're only good in a frontal impact, not a side hit.
She almost lost her right ear (was sewn back on), had a severe concussion, and 38 staples in her scalp.
Other injuries were two broken ribs and neck injuries. Along with various burses and such.
So for all those people out there that want to disable that reminder - Don't - It may save your life
How fast was she going? 40 mph.

May you be so lucky.
Iggy,

Sorry to hear about your duaghter - Hope she is doing better.

As I am recovering from a serious accident, I could not agree more about wearing your seat belt. I can only give my opinion and each person has to make thier own decisions but that reminder is there for a reason. To bug the heck out of you until you put the belt on and to possibly save your life!!!!!! DO NOT take your life for granted - I do speak from experience. I almost lost my life.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks 2004Screw.
I hope your recovery is going well.

Her accident happened back in February but she still has aches and pains. Her ribs took waaaay too long to heal. Couldn't lift, reach. cough, sneeze, or laugh without pain.
Funny thing is, she still hasn't gotten into the habbit of wearing her belt. When I drive her anyplace or ride in her car I have to remind her to buckle up. Not every time but about 25% of the time. It will become automatic soon. Fortunately she does make sure her son is buckled up.

A life threatening accident or illness is an eye opener. I too have had close brushes with death from both auto accidents and illness.
It's amazing how fast a life can be nuffed out. In the blink of an eye. Kind of changes your whole outlook on things.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Just happened to remember, there was an accident in my area where two young men lost their lives. They were driving, drunk, lost control of the car and slammed into a tree in somebody's front yard.
Speed was about 65 mph.
Cops arrived , paramedics were called but did no good. At first they thought only one person was in the car because nobody spotted the other passenger. A cop was searching the area when he spotted a large hole in the roof of the home where the car hit the tree. Yep, cops got into the attic and there was the other guy. still alive, but not for long. He died before they got him out.

Old 11-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Lightbulb Seat belt reminder

I can understand disabling it if your truck is a real truck(working on the farm or in the field where you will be driving short distances off the road) but if your truck is a "pretty' truck driven mostly on the hi-speed highways you better leave it on. It's about conditioning. All of my family buckles out of habit. It's a habitual, non thinking behavior. I insisted on it, since as a Physical Therapist I have first hand experience of the LONG road back for those who choose not to buckle up on the hiway or not wearing helmets on "open" wheeled vehicles. Remember, you can drive as carefully as you can but another's inattention can end or change your life forever.

Ricksta

Quick Reply: How to Disable seatbelt reminder?