? for dupuis

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? for dupuis

I was wondering if the port in your sub box was a tuned port or just calculated the length? I looks long and i have never seen a 90 degree port. Great looking box though. Did you do it yourself or have someone do it? I am in La. also and was thinking of having mobile one build a custom box for me but they dont want to do a ported box and i like the sound of a ported box. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Re: ? for dupuis

Originally posted by xtreme171
I was wondering if the port in your sub box was a tuned port or just calculated the length? I looks long and i have never seen a 90 degree port. Great looking box though. Did you do it yourself or have someone do it? I am in La. also and was thinking of having mobile one build a custom box for me but they dont want to do a ported box and i like the sound of a ported box. Thanks for the help.
It is a tuned port which is tuned to 33hz. It's been awhile but if I remember right it's 26.5'' long including the 90 degree elbow. I built it myself. Some people don't like building ported boxes because it can sound like ***t if it's not matched right with the sub being used. Then theres the whole tuning thing. I used WINisd software to calulate my port size and length to go with the subs I have.

Last edited by Dupuis; 10-16-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Do you know what your internal volume was before the port and subs?

Old 10-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by GSX-R750_K4
Do you know what your internal volume was before the port and subs?

Quick Reply: ? for dupuis