Sub Box in 04 Screw

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub Box in 04 Screw

I am looking for a cheap way to upgrade my system until I can afford the good stuff.

Has anyone replaced the 8" sub with the audiophile system in a 04 f150 with an aftermarket one (like a JL 8") and just used the same sub box that came with the truck?

I eventually will be getting a total of 2 JL 8" subs, a mono alpine amp and a custom box built, but all this cost money which I am little short of after replacing the HU, all 4 speakers and a new 4 channel alpine amp.

Would the OEM sub box do the trick until I get a new one? It sounded ok with all the original audiophile components.

Thanks for your input

Old 10-08-2004, 12:14 PM
you could do that, but it might not sound very good, unless the new sub needs the same amount of cubic feet. your better off waiting until you can afford a new box for under the seat for your two new subs and an amp to match.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:43 PM
I don't think anyone has done that. At lease I don't remember anyone posting the results here.
Just buy one of your subs now and stick one in there, if the depth will allow. If it sounds better, leave it until you get your other box built, if it sounds like crap, put the stock one back in and you have not lost anything. Just be carefull to make sure that your sub ohms match with what the stock amp is putting out so you don't fry one of them.

Last edited by Dupuis; 10-08-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Sub Box in 04 Screw