Clarion HU

Old 10-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clarion HU

I hate to post this here but Other Audio forum doesn't get much traffic.

Has anyone installed a 2DIN deck in their truck? Does it fit with minor modifications to the dash trim? I don't like the look of the extra storage space from the 1DIN and was told by Crutchfield that 1.5DIN would not fit. (Which sounds pretty bizarre)

The only 2DIN I found so far was from CarToys @ $500 (a little pricey!) with touchscreen. I'll prob go with that one unless someone recommends something else better. (Either 1.5DIN or 2DIN)

Old 10-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 1.5 DIN should fit just fine if there is a mounting kit avalible, Cartoy's tried to get me to put one in my 02 SCREW. you'd have to do some major mods to get the double din to fit. I feel the same way about the storage space in the single DIN mount, but I solved that problem by putting in the Pioneer DEH-P960MP. The motorized face plate slides down and almost covers the storage hole. It doesn't hit it all the way, but it looks a lot better. The 960's a little expensive, $799, but Pioneer make a 9600 which is the same deck for less $$, the difference being 4.5 volt outs instead of 6.5 volt pre-outs, and a competition mode to allow different wiring styles for components. Sony, Kenwood, and Alpine also make decks that slide down to cover the storage hole. Hope I helped a little, good luck.

rockafella

Last edited by rockafella; 10-05-2004 at 02:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clarion HU