rockford fosgate speakers

Old 10-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rockford fosgate speakers

hey im lookin at rockford fosgate frc 4368 (6x8in) speakers for my 2003 f150
i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about these speakers or knows anything about rfs reputation in speakers

i already have a pioneer head unit to power them

any advice would be greatly appreciated

JOHN

Old 10-04-2004, 11:28 PM
RF speakers don't really stand out from the crowd. If you want a simple drop in solution then I would say Infinity or Boston Acoustics. If you are willing to put in the extra work and cash then go with a set of 6.5" components and an amp.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:00 PM
If your going to use the head unit to power them, then they'll work just fine. If you want to throw some $$$ into the speakers then get seperate components and an amp to match thier watt rating. R.F. do make some good seperates, but they're not cheap. It's always a good idea to go with components over a 2-way speaker, the sound is better. I have an 02 SCREW with 6 1/2 seperates in the front doors, they don't bolt right in, but with a little work they fit just fine. I have 5 1/4 components in the rear doors that are a perfect fit thanks to the mounting brackets from www.crutchfield.com . The mounting plates can be used with 5 1/4" 2-way speakers too. Good luck.

rockafella

Old 10-06-2004, 03:37 PM
I've got the RF compoments in the front, Cerwin Vegas in the back, and the rockfords highs are pretty strong, almost a little too much for my taste. They do sound much better at "flat" loudness setting.

-Nor are the RF's very efficient - I think they're only 85 or 87's so the gains are higher in the front to keep the audio balanced.

I would have better things to say about their amps and subs...

Old 10-14-2004, 03:48 PM
I really like my Rockford Fosgate T152S Component speakers. They really make the music sound the way I like to hear it.

I went to the stereo store with two different CDs that I like and listened and compared several set-ups. I compared the RFs to Focal, Image, and one other brand I don't recall. The Focals sounded the best, but they were $1100, so they were out, the RFs sounded next best and were more reasonable.

Also have a RF amp. Rear door speakers are Image CTX6 Coaxial speakers and a Pioneer 12" sub.

GREG

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rockford fosgate speakers