Alpine Type R

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine Type R

ok, having a little bit of problems with amps. Some people say get a 2 channel, some say mono and bridge it...Anyway...

I was thinking two 10" Type R Alpine subs with an V12 Alpine MRD-M300 amp. ( I would really like the MRD-M500 amp) and the stero place talked like the MRP-M350 would sound good and be a little less money. Any thoughts on the matter.

Oh, and do you think the R's would fit in an MTX Thunderform?

Old 09-29-2004, 08:38 PM
With all the nice mono sub amps available, I would never recommend bridging a 2 channel amp(you don't bridge a mono) for sub use. It can be done easily, of course, but it just isn't necessary. If someone already owned an amp and wanted to use it that would be fine, but if you are looking to buy, definitely go with a mono amp that will be suitable for the job.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Mono (class D)
  • many can go down to 2 ohms (two 4ohm subs in parellel)
  • more efficient
  • not as clean but with subs you won't notice
2-channel (class a/b)
  • if bridged usually can only handle 4ohms
  • less efficient
  • cleaner
  • if you decide to upgrade to a new sub amp then the 2 channel can be moved up to other speakers if you don't have one, or it's better

Old 10-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Get the US Amps 1000X. Thats the setup I had in my 'Stang and it was awesome. Those type R's really pounded. I actually just put it in my nephews jeep (since I couldnt get them to fit in my 04 F150) and man they sound even better in there with a little more air to push around. If your gonna buy something, dont go cheap. If you have to wait a few more weeks to save a little cash, then do it. Also figure out what you want and then check for better prices online. etronics.com is awesome. I bought a lot of stuff from them. and saved tons of cash.

Quick Reply: Alpine Type R