OK - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - Need Advice

Ok - Final question.

Speakers are Alpine SPS571A components speakers rated at 40 RMS. I have a MRV-F340 amp driving the front speakers. 55 watts at 14.4 V. I still have not hooked up the other 2 channels of the amp to anything. The rears are being pushed by my Alpine Deck. Now, should I bridge all for channels of the amp and just run the front speakers. This would mean 130 watts RMS X2 at 14.4 V. Speakers are rated at 40 watts RMS. Would this be WAY to much power for them to handle? Or what sould I do with the other 2 channels of the amp? Hook them to the rears with the factory speakers? I do plan on getting a class D amp and run 2 JL 8" subs in the near future.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Dude, run the amp to all four speakers, front and rear. then get a mono amp for the subs and you'll be good-to-go! Bridging the 4 channel amp and running 130 watts to speakers that can handle 40 all day isn't a good idea. MORE ISNT ALWAYS BETTER. the amp is a good match for the speakers, but bridging the channels will just over power the speakers, then they'll POP and you'll be singing to yourself. Plus you'll get a better balance of sound when you use all four channels of your amp with you front and rear speakers. You deck is going to have around 22 watts max r.m.s. / your 4 channel amp will have cleaner power which means louder w/o distortion, something you'll want when you subs kick in. Remember if you want the fronts louder then the rear speakers, just adjust the fade control on your deck. Good luck.

rockafella

Old 09-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Re: OK - Need Advice

Originally posted by 2004Screw
Ok - Final question.

Speakers are Alpine SPS571A components speakers rated at 40 RMS. I have a MRV-F340 amp driving the front speakers. 55 watts at 14.4 V. I still have not hooked up the other 2 channels of the amp to anything. The rears are being pushed by my Alpine Deck. Now, should I bridge all for channels of the amp and just run the front speakers. This would mean 130 watts RMS X2 at 14.4 V. Speakers are rated at 40 watts RMS. Would this be WAY to much power for them to handle? Or what sould I do with the other 2 channels of the amp? Hook them to the rears with the factory speakers? I do plan on getting a class D amp and run 2 JL 8" subs in the near future.
Your 55 watts sounds like a good match for you 40 RMS Alpines.
I would not put 130 watts to them, nothing wrong with doing that if your careful, IMO it's not needed. I would get a pair of Alpine 5x7s for the rears and amp it with those other 2 channels.
To me, as big as an interior area that a crew has it helps to fill the truck up with sound. But that just comes down to what and how much sound you like. Some people here don't like having rear sound other than bass. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: OK - Need Advice