Custom ported box in '04 reg cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom ported box in '04 reg cab

Spent the afternoon working on a new box for my 12" Alpine Subwoofer. I have a reg cab, and have been using the standard wedge box I used in my old vehicle. I had to cram it in there, and it eliminated storage behind the seats, and it sounded and looked pretty bad. There's a pic in my gallery of it. Anyway, here's my new box. By using the extra space behind the armrest/console and making it stepped like I did, I could use the 12" sub firing downward. These pics are still unfinished, all I need is carpet once the sealant cures completely. Already had it in and it sounds and looks soooooooooo much better (except for the carpet thing). Allows the seats to go the whole way back and recline completely. Also no longer visible to potential thieves. Will Post more pics after the carpet and final install. Interior volume is 1.5 cubic feet per my sub's specs.

More pics in my gallery (interior mods)

Old 09-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Looks nice.

Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Box finished

finished my box. I wasn't too picky about the carpet on the bottom where the speaker is visible, after all, who's going to see it? Everything else was the best carpet job I've ever done.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Great job on the carpet too, looks like one of those after market boxes.

Quick Reply: Custom ported box in '04 reg cab