Pioneer Two Thumbs Up

Old 09-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pioneer Two Thumbs Up

i just got done installing a set of pioneer speakers for my truck and wow do they sound good i am very impressed and they hit like subs when i want them to which just makes them even sweeter i used these speakers for the front and back

there 3way rated at 50rms and 250 max and i have them hooked up to a pioneer head unit o one thing i did want to metion is for the first time installer the back speakers on a reg cab can be quit a pain to remove your going to more then likey needed a buddie unless you can fit behind the seats which i could not just a heads up but other then that they went in very easy and with out a hassle

ps for any one wanting to know the factory speakers where rated 4 watts max front and 24 watts max back and were 4ohms which is not all that great

Old 09-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Sweet

I had 4 pioneer 6x8 4 ways i just sent back,Because i Found a Kenwood HU i liked So i wanted to keep everything the same,So i ordered 4 kenwood 6x8 3ways rms 60watts (220 peak).

I cant wait to get them,Just the diffrence of sound after replacing the factory Hu was amazing...

PS:--You are kidding the factory speakers are only 4watts and 24 watts??????

Old 09-23-2004, 10:16 AM
nope that what was on the back of the speaker they sux to say the least

Old 09-23-2004, 10:28 AM
now hook up a 4 channel amp and watch them come alive. I will be doing that soon....

Old 09-23-2004, 11:18 AM
amp

When i get the money i am going to get this kenwood 4channel amp 4x60watts rms

Old 11-04-2004, 10:36 PM
I just purchased 2 sets of those same pioneer speakers, and absolutely hate them. (might have other issues to address tho).
Seriously tho, they buzz at low frequencies, (especially when LOUD is on). Thinking of getting adapters and going to 6.5" round speakers up front.

Old 11-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by drag79stang
I just purchased 2 sets of those same pioneer speakers, and absolutely hate them. (might have other issues to address tho).
Seriously tho, they buzz at low frequencies, (especially when LOUD is on). Thinking of getting adapters and going to 6.5" round speakers up front.
I think it might have to do with your wiring or your speakers. I also have the 3way 6x8's and I have no problems with the quality of the sound. Do you still have the stock head unit in?

Old 11-06-2004, 06:45 PM
My bad. AFter spending too much money replacing/messing with different head units/speakers/etc. etc, I find out that it IS the truck's doors that are the issues.
Obviously/apparently the stock speakers didn't have enough OOOMPH to move the doors, whereas the new HU, (pioneer deh1600...........(read cheapie), has more power, and thusly more power to the speakers.
I've purchased some speaker baskets (*from MCM), and put/installed dynamat in both doors, and the setup sounds great. (no more noise/rattling/low vibration issues).
Live and learn..................just wish I would've learned a little earlier/cheaper....................doh'.

Old 11-17-2004, 12:38 PM
My right door speaker blew out during the summer. Vibrates like crazy if there's any bass in the mix.
Was planning on picking up a set of Pioneer TS-A6880R speakers. Would these be a good choice to replace the factory front speakers?
E-Bay has several auctions where I can pick up a set, new in the box, for 47.00.

What is a good choice for the rear speakers?

Old 11-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Replace all of them with the Pioneers. (now that I"ve got mine figured out). They rock!!!
A6870rs, or something. I picked first set up (got hosed), @ wallyworld for 60 bucks. Picked up the second pair on ebay for 35 or something.
They definitley sound good (once you get the doors/areas dynamatted and insulated. ) Otherwise , they have SOOOOOO much bottom end/base it'll vibrate your ears/doors to hell. (been there, bought that, got a t shirt)..........

Old 11-17-2004, 05:25 PM
The cheapest way to make them sound even better is as close as Home Depot. Pick up a roll of what they call gutter sealer there. Its the same thing as Dynomat. It comes in a 6 inch by 25 ft roll for 15 bucks. It has the foil face and sticky black backing. One roll will do the f150 easy. I double layered mine in my 04 f150 front and back. It makes the pioneer 3 ways I have sound even better.If you look in the rear doors of the 04`s, they have 2 small 4x6 pieces already in there from the factory. Its not enough to deaden the sheet metal vibration. All 4 doors can be done though the speaker holes. takes maybe an hour to do all 4. Its well worth 15 bucks and the time to do it. On my Alpine system in my truck, I noticed that a decrease of 2-3 numbers on the volume dial now sounds the same after insulting the doors. Bass is way cleaner sounding also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer Two Thumbs Up