Where to get box volume for Eclipse sub?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Where to get box volume for Eclipse sub?

Hey guys-Im makin up a new box to put 2 12's under my back seat, and I need to know what size of box my subs need to be in. I cant find it anywhere on the net-so could someone tell me where I could find that info-its a SW6123.4 if it makes a difference. The way I have it planned out there will be about 1.18 CU FT of space per sub. I was just going to leave it at that but I figured I better do it right and see what is recommended.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.4ft3 UNDER the back seat? Please share...please, please,please,please,please,please,please!

Old 09-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to the speakers web page:
http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/...00/sw6123.html

And write down all the parameters (Fs, Qts, etc....)

Then download winisd pro:
http://www.linearteam.dk/

Add that speaker in there, it has an option for parameters, put all that you have in. Then do a new project, select the speaker you just saved and go from there.

If you want I can do it for you, but that program is good and helpfull, definately worth learning.

Old 09-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Captian-thanks for the links-I will have to check that out when my internet stops being stupid(im connected at 26K right now )

Frostby-here are my plans, I hope I figured everything our right and remembered everything.

Anyway, the box is just a rectangle and dimensions are:
Hieght-8 inches
Length-54 inches
Depth-13.5 inches

Those are OUTSIDE dimensions, so useing 3/4 inch would that should give me 6.5, 52.5, and 12 inches inside which figures to be a little over 2.3 ft cubed. Or 1.18 per sub.
This is giving me 1 inch of space between the back of my sub and the box also.

The seat will be modded a little. the only part I will use is the seat supports(I might even make new ones) and the cushion.
Im taking all the rest off so my seat wont be so high-it will end up being only 2 inches or a TAD more taller than stock.
The box will just lay on the driveshaft hump that runs down the center of the cab. This will give be right around 1 1/4 inches between the box and the floor.

I also made up some plans of 2 boxes with some space inbetween them to mount an amp. If I did this I would have to make a whole new seat support because the boxes would have to extend past the stock seat supports. It would take some work but it would be worth it, plus I think it might be the only way to go because I dont know where else to mount the amp Im getting-Im pretty sure it wont fit inder the front seat.
the dimensions for those boxes would be around 21, 13.5, and 8-.91 CU3 per sub and thats with a 16 inch space between them to mount the amp on the hump

If you want me to ill draw some pics

Thanks guys-cyall later

Quick Reply: Where to get box volume for Eclipse sub?