Which 10' would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which 10' would you choose?

Ive come to realize that I may have to sacrafice two 10's for one.. I need the room under the 40 side of my back seat for one of my amps. I think im going to go with a single 10. I want it to hit as hard as possible. I love bass when I want it, but I also like to turn it down a little while listening to different types of music. The box I think I might get has a mounting depth of 5.25" with .9cu/ft of air space. I will most likely power the sub with my US Amps US1000. Any suggestions? I wish my Alpine type R's would fit, but they just dont.

Old 09-11-2004, 01:12 AM
My 10" of choice is JL Audio. Period. They rock, and you don't need to push that much power to it. Check 'em out: http://www.jlaudio.com

I'm waiting on the Stealthbox for the scabs/screws. Was supposed to be out in July. I'm gonna write my guy at JL to see what the hell is going on.

Now it's time for bed... *clunk*... zzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Old 09-11-2004, 01:13 AM
stealthbox? Tell me more

Old 09-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by BREWDUDE
stealthbox? Tell me more
JL produces a line of "Stealthboxes" to act as hidden subwoofer enclosures. They are designed to fit somewhere in the vehicle where they would be hidden or unnoticeable. Carpeted to match your stock color.

A similar item would be the MTX Thunderform enclosure. I just bought and installed a dual 10" thunderform, and I love it. It came with Xtant Z104 subs, and they are awesome .

I'm actually going to try my buddy's JL 10"s to see if they perform differently than the Xtants.

My 2 pennies!

-Eric

Quick Reply: Which 10' would you choose?