Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Cam Bolt Broke ..... PLEASE HELP

Old 03-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cam Bolt Broke ..... PLEASE HELP

I bought an 05 Expedition with the 5.4 that I purchased with a no start issue....
the codes read camshaft sensor on bank 1 was intermittent and so I deleted them and it started however after about 3 minutes of running it I got multiple misfire with cylinder 2 3 and 4 missing. (Bank 1) So I swapped the sensors and got the same result... Misfire and same codes. Now as I went to do the electrical checks I cranked it one time and got smoke out the air filter and continued to crank in order to do the electrical check however it cranked and this happens 2-3 mor times after I got a clanking noise from inside the motor.
I stopped and proceeded to pull the valve cover and this is what I got....
The Cam Pulley (Phaser? From what Ive read..?) had popped off with the bolt snapped..... a bunch of plastic had gathered around the bottom half of the valve cover where the timing chain was and I removed what I could.
took a picture of the olt which has about 3 threads left on it so Im assuming its a wrap and what Im wondering is if... IF.... IFFFFFFFF.... I havent wrecked the timing along with the engine is it possible I could remove the rest of th bolt and reset the bolt and fix it?????

Attached Thumbnails Cam Bolt Broke ..... PLEASE HELP-20170310_170738.jpg   Cam Bolt Broke ..... PLEASE HELP-20170310_170750.jpg   Cam Bolt Broke ..... PLEASE HELP-20170310_172925.jpg   Cam Bolt Broke ..... PLEASE HELP-20170310_172911.jpg   Cam Bolt Broke ..... PLEASE HELP-20170310_172907.jpg  

Search this Thread