Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Knoxville, TN - Lance Cunningham Ford - WARNING!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knoxville, TN - Lance Cunningham Ford - WARNING!

Hello fellow Southeast F-150 owners, especially those of east TN!

i am writing this to put out the word of some horrible work going on at Lance Cunningham Ford's Quick Lane Service. This past Saturday, I went in for my first oil change. Since I've heard horror stories of the first change, and living at an apartment complex with a no-working-on-cars clause, I decided to go to Lance Cunningham. Upon inspecting my truck in their parking lot (under hood for the Motorcraft filter, wheels after a tire rotation), I noticed that there were scrapes/gouges on each wheel near the area where the lug nut cover would be removed. I was FURIOUS! I immediately went to the service manager, who walked out to the truck with me to see it. Upon seeing it, he stated, "well, there's nothing that could be done to prevent it." I lost it on him (in hindsight, I shouldn't have gone off on an expletive-laced tirade).

He said that it couldn't be prevented, and when asked by me, "so Ford expects me to accept damage to my $30k truck with 5k miles," he answered, straight-faced, "yes." I had to get into my truck to keep from charging him.

So, in short, avoid Lance Cunningham Ford like the plague. Apparently their service hacks don't give a flip about their customer's vehicles.

All that said, can this damage be repaired at all?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Maybe, but a call to Ford Motor Company needs to be on your agenda for 8am tomorrow morning.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

id be on the phone first think monday with the dealers owner for a new set of wheels and not leave the place till they were replaced cuz thats som BS. if the caps damaged the wheels when you took them off then why would they put them on in the first place?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM
My parents are divorced so my second set of parents bought a car there in 2007. It was a 2006 eddie bauer explorer. As far as service, they didn't mention too many problems they had with them, but i kno that the car was there for what seemed like the better part of like 5-6months, which is crazy. It seemed like one thing after another. Then the big one was a problem with the brake system where it was at teh dealer for a couple months i think. That seems like really slow service to me. I kno some ppl who work there,(not service department tho) i can see this happening.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:25 PM
double post...

Old 02-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Cunningham Ford has to be the worst Ford dealer. I was actually thrown off the lot in Nov. They said they would hold an F250 for me to come look and test drive drove 2 hrs to see it and once I got there they had already sold it. No big deal, so I went around and picked out another F-150 to test drive. I drove and liked it and made them an offer. They showed me to an office to discuss the deal, I sat there 2 hrs in that office. 8 people came in and talked to me but no one ever told me a price or told me my offer was accepted. The last person finally came in I simply told them they had wasted 2 hrs of my time and I withdrew my offer and walked out to my car. The owner of the dealership ran out to my car and was screaming and yelling at me. Telling me if I didn't get off his lot, he was calling the cops. WTF?!?!?

Quick Reply: Knoxville, TN - Lance Cunningham Ford - WARNING!