Email from f150online.com "Important Message About Your Account"

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Email from f150online.com "Important Message About Your Account"

Anyone else here get this email? Can't tell if it is a hoax or not? My password was not reset like the email suggests. I'm thinking hoax. Comments anyone?

This is an important message about your account.

We take your security and privacy very seriously. Very recently, our security team discovered sophisticated attacks on our network, involving the illegal access of forum user information, possibly including your password. Our investigation currently indicates that the attackers accessed customer IDs and encrypted passwords on our systems. We have taken the precaution of resetting your account password. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but felt that it was necessary to help protect you and your account.

To regain access to your account please reset your password here:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

Please choose a new password and do not use the same password you used with us previously. We also highly recommend that you chose a password that you are not using on any other sites.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our support team at webmaster@f150online.com or privacy@internetbrands.com

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes just got it as well so i changed my password. Not sure what info they can get off my profile but changed my password anyway.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:58 AM
I got it too. Clicked on the link in the email and followed the directions. Went to the ATM and checked my balance, and all my money is gone!

Of course, it was gone yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that . . .

Seriously, not sure what was going on with that email, so I came here, logged out, cleared cookies, and then used the "Forgot username" email routine to reset my password and log back in, just in case.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:19 AM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got the same thing. I'm on auto logon. I wouldn't use the the email addy to click to come here. Maybe the mods or admin here can shed some light?

Old 11-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ah dint git no he-mails... ah did git this'n:

I wunt follow no he-mail links if'n ah were yalls - the above pitcher show'd the only safe way wiffin the forum proper....

MGD

Old 11-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I haven't seen any e-mail but as I was browsing I got the same massage as above. I'm guessing something is going on. I wouldn't ever follow a link from an e-mail like that. You never know where it actually came from. When in doubt type in the web page you KNOW is correct (or use your favorites) and go from there.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
site made me change mine when I opened the page

Old 11-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by worm5932
site made me change mine when I opened the page
I had to change password this morning too. I guess the email wasn't a fake after all.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I changed mine last night and when i just logged in it told me to change it again so i did. Hopefully this wont be a daily thing.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM
IB Staff
This email and situation is legitimate and several vBulletin sites had the same breach happen.

We sent the email and then for extra precaution promted any user logging in to change their password to try and ensure everyone changed their login information. We are waiting on our privacy team to let us know how long the daily password expiration should show up and I am hopeful it won't last all week or I'm going to run out of my common passwords for my own account and resort to circus animal names and various numbers.

-Nolan

Old 11-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Nolan
This email and situation is legitimate and several vBulletin sites had the same breach happen.

We sent the email and then for extra precaution promted any user logging in to change their password to try and ensure everyone changed their login information. We are waiting on our privacy team to let us know how long the daily password expiration should show up and I am hopeful it won't last all week or I'm going to run out of my common passwords for my own account and resort to circus animal names and various numbers.

-Nolan
Thanks, Nolan, we all appreciate your post on this.

- Jack

Old 11-17-2013, 12:18 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
I just got the second prompt to change my password, and it let me use a password I've used previously.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Ah dint git no he-mails... ah did git this'n:

I got this, TWICE is one hour! And I haven't actually logged in months. But I just entered muh sale ole password both times.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OK, I had to reset my password yesterday, and now today I also had to reset my password again. What gives, IB?

Old 11-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^^
..."We are waiting on our privacy team to let us know how long the daily password expiration should show up and I am hopeful it won't last all week ..."

Quick Reply: Email from f150online.com "Important Message About Your Account"