I didnt move it -
I dont know
Doug

Old 07-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't anything I said was it??

Old 07-06-2003, 05:51 PM
It appears that one of the many ***** is involved.

Again

**** is your name Larry ?

Doug

Old 07-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
I didnt move it -
I dont know
Doug
I know nothing!!!

Old 07-06-2003, 06:11 PM
ro

Too bad, I would have liked an answer to the last question I posted. It appears there is a split developing in the information circulating on this subject, and I believe it is at the core of why some find this new process difficult to accept. It's not the process itself, rather it is what its capabilities (or limitations) are. I've grown to accept that onefastlride's reflash speaks for itself. I also believe he and jmimac351 are trying to deliver information that is useful, tempered with some reasonable admittance that the process cannot compensate for any and all mods thrown its way. However this is in direct conflict with **** who continues to post that the reflash can and will adapt to any and all mods, no matter what. That's simply too difficult to believe without some evidence from a credible source. Hopefully Nate's upcoming testing of his setup and updates from onefastlride will prove the process worthy of all the debate. I'd certainly be in line if it works.

Old 07-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Re: ro

Originally posted by mswaim
However this is in direct conflict with **** who continues to post that the reflash can and will adapt to any and all mods, no matter what.
I don't think he said that. He, as well as many others, encouraged people to use common sense.

I thought we went over this? A reflash will not be able to adapt to going from a 2 lb. pulley to an 8 lb. and a 150 shot. Just not in the cards.

Old 07-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Re: Re: ro

Originally posted by cyntaxx
I don't think he said that.
Yes he did. He posted it right here:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...38#post2148038

Well, if you decide to get the 03, i can steer you the direction of not having to use a chip. We could reflash your PCM, you can then bolt on your parts and enjoy life. If for some reason, you need warranty work, unbolt the mods and the PCM will look tamper free. Those are really your only options. BTW. The PCM will handle all the mods you throw at it without needing reburns
That shows you how misunderstood he is. Imagine the problems this is going to cause some folks when they attempt to do the impossible.

Concerning a reflash, a dealer can detect the last time the pcm was flashed. Pretty soon we'll start seeing people with their warranty denied based on this fact. It happens EVERYDAY in the GM world.

Last edited by Gen2 Lightning; 07-06-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Re: Re: Re: ro

Originally posted by Gen2 Lightning
Imagine the problems this is going to cause some folks when they attempt to do the impossible.
At least you folks understand that a reflashed PCM isn't impervious to stupidity. So I expect no more ridiculous "what if" scenarios from the peanut gallery.

Old 07-06-2003, 06:52 PM

Concerning a reflash, a dealer can detect the last time the pcm was flashed. Pretty soon we'll start seeing people with their warranty denied based on this fact.
Yes, but if it really came down to the proverbial crunch, you can always have your PCM updated at a dealership with the latest files, doing away with your old reflashed programming.

Dealerships update PCMs very often with other service work. Some tech monkey spends the 10 minutes it takes to update to the latest files from Ford when you take it in to rotate your tires, do an oil change, etc. Unless there is a national database that they can cross-reference with on when each time the dealership updated your PCM, I don't think this will be a big problem for warranty issues.

Old 07-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Re: Re: ro

I don't think he said that. He, as well as many others, encouraged people to use common sense.

I thought we went over this? A reflash will not be able to adapt to going from a 2 lb. pulley to an 8 lb. and a 150 shot. Just not in the cards.
Actually, he has said it more than once. In the most recent thread that was moved, he responded to a member who stated that one must pre-disclose all mods to Mark before the reflash is done, just like when you have a chip done. **** told him that was not the case with the reflash.

I'm not looking to point out who is right or wrong, I simply want to make sure we are all on the same page as this progresses.

The customer base will be built from those of us who are willing to listen and even question the process as we learn to trust it. All I want is to make sure the capabilites are not "over-sold" ........

Old 07-06-2003, 07:09 PM
A) **** does not represent reflashing PCMs.

B) The one actually in contact with the reflasher (Mark) has told everyone to include as many details about their mods, driving habits, weather, geo locations, etc. He basically told me to put as much info about my truck and how and where I drive it as possible...even things I would consider unnecessary.

Old 07-06-2003, 07:45 PM

Yes he did. He posted it right here:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...38#post2148038
You are hired ... You can be my head researcher...

Old 07-06-2003, 08:00 PM
A) **** does not represent reflashing PCMs.

B) The one actually in contact with the reflasher (Mark) has told everyone to include as many details about their mods, driving habits, weather, geo locations, etc. He basically told me to put as much info about my truck and how and where I drive it as possible...even things I would consider unnecessary.
Who knows, some of the info may seem unnecessary, but if it helps him build you a highly responsive profile..........guess there are no really little details when it comes to the alternatives of a bad tune.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: ro

Dealerships update PCMs very often with other service work. Some tech monkey spends the 10 minutes it takes to update to the latest files from Ford when you take it in to rotate your tires, do an oil change, etc.
Aside from the '99/'00 Lightnings with an update from CUX1 to CUX2, and the '03 Cobra from QUD2 to YDH0 to YDH1, the '01 and '02 Lightnings (CXN1 and ABU2, respectively) haven't had any.

As for "record keeping", OASIS keeps track of everything done to the vehicle warranty wise (as long as it is entered). Although not a Ford, GM owners are getting questioned, given a hard time, and some are even having their warranties denied, for having a performance flash under GM's nose.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doug Why????