2015 - 2020 F-150

G4 fold-a-cover and OEM swing out wheel well toolbox

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G4 fold-a-cover and OEM swing out wheel well toolbox

Hi,

I'm new to this but was hoping someone may have some experience with an issue I'm trying to resolve. I own a 2016 F-150 regular bed. I have two Ford OEM wheel well swing out tool boxes installed and I love them. I am in the market for a tonneau cover and am liking the G4 fold-a-cover. I can not tell from pictures if the brackets for the G4 that install near the tailgate will fit with the swing out tool boxes installed. The company could not tell me and I will be hit with a restock fee and shipping if I were to send it back. Does anyone have this specific configuration with the swing out tool boxes (one on each side) and the G4? or if anyone has a different tonneau which you know to be compatible that would be helpful for me to make a more informed decision. Thank you

Old 02-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Nice looking cover. I'm in the same position as you. I'm looking for a high quality folding cover for my 17 F150 supercrew. Post up any findings on the G4 or any other covers.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Just my take. If the company can't tell you and isn't willing waive a restock fee, I'd be dealing with a different company. Any decent company would be offering a discount so they could learn as well. Maybe call them back and speak with the boss.

Last edited by stuck screw; 03-01-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Bakflip G2 on my 2015. Bought it from these guys: http://www.truckalterations.com. They didn't have it on their site, but when I called, they were able to order it. Got it $200 cheaper than anyone else, even local dealers. It arrived in about 2 days. Love the cover. I don't have the swing boxes, but could measure the clearance in the bed if it would help. Let me know. BTW, I have no affiliation with truck alterations, someone recommended them to me, so I'm passing it on.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by TheDutchman
I have the Bakflip G2 on my 2015. Bought it from these guys: http://www.truckalterations.com. They didn't have it on their site, but when I called, they were able to order it. Got it $200 cheaper than anyone else, even local dealers. It arrived in about 2 days. Love the cover. I don't have the swing boxes, but could measure the clearance in the bed if it would help. Let me know. BTW, I have no affiliation with truck alterations, someone recommended them to me, so I'm passing it on.
I can second this regarding Truck Alterations! Excellent service, no taxes (outside of NC), and no shipping fees. I have the Bak Revolver X2 and absolutely love it. A buddy of mine has the G2 and when flipped up, it blocks his rear window completely. He's considering selling it (pending spousal approval) in order to get the Revolver.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!