On the hunt for some LEDs

Old 02-23-2017, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the hunt for some LEDs

I've got an 07 f150 that didn't come stock with fog lights, so I'm looking for some good quality LED lights that don't cost too much, I plan on using them as normal fogs and would also like to get some ideas on how to mount them.

Attached Thumbnails On the hunt for some LEDs-img_2489.jpeg  
Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
XB LED fogs from TRS. They are full housing replacements. They have them for $170 buy can get them to you for a little cheaper if you wanna PM me. They are super wide and pretty much plug and play.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/al...ect_restrict=1

Just realized you don't have a bumper with fogs..
Option 2. Rigid SAE fog light pods. No glare. Wide fog light .beam pattern

Last edited by thelariat02; 02-23-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
x2 on Rigids, unless you plan to swap to a bumper with OE fogs.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:36 PM
The rigids are currently out of my price range, in the future when I've got more money saved up I do plan on swapping my non fog bumper to one with the cutouts, although I am slanting more toward the one with the rectangular cutouts rather than the round ones. I just bought some alpena hexfire lights for $20 each at Walmart to hold me till I can get it done the way I intend on doing it.

thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by jerbnnon; 02-25-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Well make sure to run them only when on high beam. Or you will be making allot of people mad when driving should them on.
Option #3 these with the wide beam selection are also SAE approved for fog lights. .
https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...category/1566/

Old 02-25-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jerbnnon
The rigids are currently out of my price range, in the future when I've got more money saved up I do plan on swapping my non fog bumper to one with the cutouts, although I am slanting more toward the one with the rectangular cutouts rather than the round ones. I just bought some alpena hexfire lights for $20 each at Walmart to hold me till I can get it done the way I intend on doing it.

thanks for the suggestions.
That bumper is for 04-05 trucks. While it's possible to get the mounting brackets for it, it won't bolt up like the one with circular fogs will. You may have to swap out the painted upper bumper pad too for that.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
That bumper is for 04-05 trucks. While it's possible to get the mounting brackets for it, it won't bolt up like the one with circular fogs will. You may have to swap out the painted upper bumper pad too for that.
well, that sucks...I thought 04-08 all had the same body style and interchangeable parts kinda like the 97-03 parts are all mostly interchangeable. Shows how much I really know about these trucks, that's why I'm on here I guess.

Also, Lariot 02, Thanks for the suggestion of the ss6, I really like how they look and have a low profile I just might to with those. As far as having to worry about oncomming traffic, I live in the rural part of Indiana and drive home at around 1-2 am so, that's why Im wanting some extra light for spotting deer and getting a better view of the road ahead...that being said, traffic is usually light around that time and I will remember to keep other drivers in mind.

Last edited by jerbnnon; 02-25-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well, that sucks...I thought 04-08 all had the same body style and interchangeable parts kinda like the 97-03 parts are all mostly interchangeable. Shows how much I really know about these trucks, that's why I'm on here I guess.

Also, Lariot 02, Thanks for the suggestion of the ss6, I really like how they look and have a low profile I just might to with those. As far as having to worry about oncomming traffic, I live in the rural part of Indiana and drive home at around 1-2 am so, that's why Im wanting some extra light for spotting deer and getting a better view of the road ahead...that being said, traffic is usually light around that time and I will remember to keep other drivers in mind.
Here's a pic of the bumpers without fogs (with fogs are the exact same). 04-05 top and 06-08 bottom. The trucks were tweaked a little halfway through the 05 model year. Rear bumpers changed too.

On the hunt for some LEDs-uglzz2f.jpg

Old 02-26-2017, 06:42 PM

I've been following the builds on the SS6 bars and they are pretty wicked. If you do decide to go with those let me know I can get you a 10% discount and free shipping.

Search this Thread