Radio Stays on

Old 01-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Stays on

I have searched through the forums and found a few old posts on this topic, but my symptoms are a little different from what I've found so far.

I have a 2007 F150 Supercrew, King Ranch. It started a few months ago. When I would take the key out and open the driver's side front door, the radio would continue to play. The dome light does not go on when the driver's side front door is open, and the chime doesn't sound. However, when I opened the passenger side front door, the radio would stop and the dome light would turn on.
Today, that changed. When I opened the passenger door to turn off the radio, it kept playing, and the dome light would not turn on.

I have searched the forums and found the common problems were the purple wire splice and the relay. I have continuity through the purple wire and I swapped out the relay with three other ones in the fuse box with no luck.

Can this problem be in the door switch? How can I test it?
Can the problem be a broken wire in the boot where the door opens? What color of wire would I look for?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Old 01-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just fixed this problem a few months ago and had these bookmarked. It ended up being my door ajar switch http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/f-150...or-ajar-switch. This video is on an old explorer but he has a paper clip trick that can help you test the switch to see if it is faulty
. I also used this video to help get to the switch
. I hope this helps and good luck.

Search this Thread