2009 - 2014 F-150

Retrax BedCover

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retrax BedCover

Anyone have the Retrax OneMX bed cover?

On my 5.5' bed, and the Retrax is fully expanded. The last link in the cover is a felt like material. And it seems to me that wouldn't be the case.. is extended too far? As if they installed the cover 1" short..

Any one else have the felt segment showing when fully closed?

Attached Thumbnails Retrax BedCover-20170112_092124.jpg  
Old 01-13-2017, 08:45 PM

I don't have the Retrax OneMX, but have had 3 of the original ones and never had the felt strip exposed on any other than iif they were over extended. Is it possible that they slid it too far forward? It doesn't have to overlap the fron of the box due to the seal on the front.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:57 AM
The cover overlaps about 1/2" of the front of the tailgate. Guessing that's the min to keep things dry in the bed.

But looking at pictures on their website it kind of looks like the felt might be supposed to show.

I emailed my picture to Retrax customer service address. We'll see if they respond to it.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Asked and Answered.. All good.
Here was their response:

Hello Jay,

This is Bryan from Retrax. I am contacting you regarding the installation of your cover.

Your cover does appear to be installed correctly. The felt strip is designed to help create a better seal between the front cover and the rolling cover. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for your time,

Old 01-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, sorry for the hijac. Been looking at the Retrax covers, specifically the pro mx. How are the new ones holding up on rough roads, do they rattle at all? thx.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:11 AM
I love it.
I've looked in the mirror as I'm driving over really bumpy roads when there is snow or ice on it could you can see its movement.

Holds up really well. Haven't heard any rattling.
You can see the vibration and it bounces just a little. Solid cover over all.

The only issue I've had is in the really cold. In the 5 degree weather, I've had the lock freeze and I couldn't get it open.
But sprayed some rubbing alcohol - water solution and some banging to getting the ice off the lock. Kicks it loose.

But once it unlocks it rolls open without any issue.