2015 - 2020 F-150

Maybe a software glitch ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe a software glitch ???

Need a little help from you guys on this one.

2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost, XLT.

I usually keep the dash readout on Trip display #1 with the 4 rectangles with the various readings. To the far right of the 4 quadrants, there was an indicator for which gear the tranny was in, or if it was in Manual.

Now...all of a sudden, the gear readout is gone completely. I tried a master reset, and that didn't solve it. I've reviewed every setting there is thru the menu options, and none of the choices even remotely address this. Can't find anything in the owner's manually either.

Don't want to make a trip to the dealer, and figured several of you experts will tell me how to get the gear indicator back showing easily !

Thanks for your help !

Old 12-03-2016, 11:00 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Hit the upshift or downshift button.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
On my 13, you can turn on or off the gear display by hitting the upshift button. When you hit the down button it progressively locks out gears from 6th down to 1st and you'll see the disappear one at a time.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, the manual upshoft will make is disappear and come back.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by divot
Need a little help from you guys on this one.

2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost, XLT.

I usually keep the dash readout on Trip display #1 with the 4 rectangles with the various readings. To the far right of the 4 quadrants, there was an indicator for which gear the tranny was in, or if it was in Manual.

Now...all of a sudden, the gear readout is gone completely. I tried a master reset, and that didn't solve it. I've reviewed every setting there is thru the menu options, and none of the choices even remotely address this. Can't find anything in the owner's manually either.

Don't want to make a trip to the dealer, and figured several of you experts will tell me how to get the gear indicator back showing easily !

Thanks for your help !
Priceless! Create another account and username, now divot, other user name and account paul888. WTF.

Suppose now you can talk to yourself on the www as opposed to inside your head. Why dont you log in under paul888 and be the douche that you are and shut this thread down??

p.s to the mods, do you not follow these trolls who use and make up multiple accounts and shut them down??

Old 12-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Vagabond
Priceless! Create another account and username, now divot, other user name and account paul888. WTF.

Suppose now you can talk to yourself on the www as opposed to inside your head. Why dont you log in under paul888 and be the douche that you are and shut this thread down??

p.s to the mods, do you not follow these trolls who use and make up multiple accounts and shut them down??
Ease up man, there is no evidence indicating they are the same person. In fact, just the opposite. Also, this thread seems to be a legitimate question.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Sorry, Vagabond, you're out to lunch here. We DO monitor the threads for multiple accounts.

And, it WAS a legitimate question, just as Bluejay said.

- Jack

Old 12-05-2016, 07:37 AM
I actually agree with the comment that the mods should take some action. So far with only 15 posts, we have the following derogatory statements or names being called.

Douche
Dolt
Tool
Go **********
You have nothing to add
Your posts useless
Your [sic] a mental case]You churlish usless [sic] little drunk
If it wasnt [sic] for cartoons and your muts [sic] you'd have no friends
When you lick your chocolate labs bung, does it taste like chocolate

Just sayin.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanx for the suggestions guys, using the manual up & downshift button. I seem to remember that I did bump it the other day. Never really made the connection with the indicator lights.

And Vagabond....you really have your panties in a wad !! Get over it.

I'm a newbie here. Was on the Explorer Forum boards for years before I bought the F150. If you want to check me out over there, the handle is briteboy.

Thanx to the guys coming to my defense. Appreciate it !

Old 12-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by divot
Thanx for the suggestions guys, using the manual up & downshift button. I seem to remember that I did bump it the other day. Never really made the connection with the indicator lights.

And Vagabond....you really have your panties in a wad !! Get over it.

I'm a newbie here. Was on the Explorer Forum boards for years before I bought the F150. If you want to check me out over there, the handle is briteboy.

Thanx to the guys coming to my defense. Appreciate it !

I called him out for asking a few stupid questions, sorry he started humping your leg.