2004 - 2008 F-150

2007 Headlight switch wires

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Headlight switch wires

Planning to add driving lights to my 2007 F150 and would prefer to simply put in a new headlight switch that has the fog lights on it rather than put a switch in the dash. Here is my dilemma. The fog lights relay in the fuse panel is designed to cut off the fog lights when the high beams are in use. Out where I live, I'd really like to have the boosted lighting with my high beams as well. Can anyone tell me which wire in the harness is keyed to the actual pull-out switch? I've thought about even putting a 2nd relay on the power supply line tied into the high-beams so that the driving lights go out when not using the high beams to avoid blinding people. Just need advice before I purchase a switch unnecessarily.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There is a terminal on the fog light relay you ground out and it allows you to run the fogs whenever you want. Search for bambi light mod

Here is what i did to my old 07 and it works just fine.

http://www.landstromsfoundry.com/htm...-foglights.php

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 10-24-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Do you know if the wiring for the fog lights is already down in the engine well? The truck has the fog light relay in the fuse panel but as I said, the truck did not come with fog lights and it does not have the headlight switch with the fog light pull-out. If so, where should I look for it? Hoping my conversion is going to be a simple bambi mod and replace the headlight switch instead of fishing a wire through the firewall.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure if this will help but my '08 was not wired at the switch for the fogs. As such I have done the mod in other Ford vehicles where it was a matter of replacing the headlight switch with the appropriate driving lamp/fog switch and tracking the prewired connectors at the front of the vehicle.
There may be a similar thread here on the site more specific for the years that included the prewire. I just ran a separate circuit and relay for my fogs and tapped into my parking lights. That way I can run them with the parking lights, low or high beams and I still have a audible reminder if I leave them on (which is practically always!).
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Last edited by wolverine08; 10-24-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:48 PM
I put in a new headlight switch that has the fog lights on it, and it has power the 9th pin for the fog lights. I just can't figure out whether the relay in the fuse panel has wires in/out of it and if so, where do I find the output wire. The wiring diagram says it's a tan/orange wire that goes to the fog lights but I haven't found it anywhere in the engine compartment. My worst case scenario is tapping the wire coming off the 9th pin on the headlight switch to power a relay and running it through the firewall to a new relay for aftermarket fog lights. If someone knows where to find the wire providing the 12v to the factory fog lights that'd be easier but my alternative plan won't be too difficult either.