2009 - 2014 F-150

Cb radio and antenna ! Where ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cb radio and antenna ! Where ?

Hi folks , just purchased a 13 f 150 crew cab with a cap, I'm trying to install a cb radio and antenna and I can't find a place for either without drilling holes or an ugly mount and I'm trying to avoid using a magnetic mount ! Any suggestions ?

Old 10-24-2016, 01:09 PM
The days of easily mounting a radio under the dash are long gone. Does your truck have a center console? I've seen people mount them inside there including the local Police undercover cars. I'd rather drill hole there then the dash board.

As for running an antenna cable, it use to be that there was a rubber grommet behind the rear seat that opened up to the outside bed area. From there you just run the cable up to the roof. To be honest I don't if the newer trucks still have this rubber grommet anymore. My last radio was years ago.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Cb antenna

thanks fir replying , I know what you mean the old cars/trucks you could find a place to hang , install or just put anything , with the newer ones are made to break apart so you don't know where to put anything especially if you are ever thinking of resale ! I do believe there is a gromet dehind the seat , which I will use if I go with the magnet base . The console is too small for the radio, I may have to under seat mount it ! Oh well I'll keep on looking ! Thanks so much

Old 10-24-2016, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had pretty decent luck with the fender mount (drivers side tall antenna). For my use I like to keep them lower so I can pull into a garage/parking structure and not knock them off. I will be trying to locate just the CB when I retire this truck shortly but I have the 40-20-40 seat so I may have more options to come up with a simple solution. On an old F250 regular cab I had, I made a bracket that bolted up to the bottom of the seat frame and curled down, forward then up again for the CB to bolt to. This allowed the seat cover to drop down fully in the front. It was always tucked into a convenient location yet out of the way and in reach. Rather tough on these new plastic interiors to find much without botching things up.

Attached Thumbnails Cb radio and antenna ! Where ?-imgp6204.jpg