2015 - 2020 F-150

Extended the AC drain!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended the AC drain!

Didn't like the drain running water down the firewall on to the front body mount! So I extended it to drain from the lower control arm!!

Old 10-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
We used to have a 96 (I think) Jeep Grand Cherokee and the drain was routed inside the frame rail. Never understood why they would design it like that

Old 10-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by FX4_Off_Road

Didn't like the drain running water down the firewall on to the front body mount! So I extended it to drain from the lower control arm!!
Great thread I was looking at my truck last night and noticed the drains location,this is what we used to do on the rams. Would you care to share the size of the hose you used, ill pick some up if i dont have any in the garage. Thanks for posting and any tips you may have would be aprreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Vagabond; 10-20-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Vagabond
Great thread I was looking at my truck last night and noticed the drains location,this is what we used to do on the rams. Would you care to share the size of the hose you used, ill pick some up if i dont have any in the garage. Thanks for posting and any tips you may have would be aprreciated. Thanks
Actually, it was some old garden hose I had in the junk trailer LOL!! But, it was a perfect fit.. And a freebie is always more gooder!! I had to remove the metal collar that was on the drain so the hose could fit.. It was a very snug fit!!

Old 10-21-2016, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by FX4_Off_Road
Actually, it was some old garden hose I had in the junk trailer LOL!! But, it was a perfect fit.. And a freebie is always more gooder!! I had to remove the metal collar that was on the drain so the hose could fit.. It was a very snug fit!!
Necessity is the mother of invention, good thinking! It looks like 5/8" by eyeball and thats what garden hose can come in, i used 5/8 heater hose on all my old rams with a simple spring clip from napa, $0.50, keeps the condensate off the frame and such, as you stated. Thanks for heads up!

Quick Reply: Extended the AC drain!