4r75e trans fault/od light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4r75e trans fault/od light flashing

The truck is an 07 4.6L with the 4R75E transmission and a Gryphon programmer by PHP (some have said these have something to do with my problem). So I drove my truck from Colorado all the way to Missouri with zero problems until we stopped for food in Kansas City...go back out to start the truck and it shuts off almost immediately after firing up...so I start it again and trans fault comes up in the window and the od light is flashing, I couldn't drive over 40mph so it must be stuck in 2nd? I did a little research and decided to drop the pan to replace the shift solenoid pack, wire harness and filter while I was in there only to discover those did nothing to alleviate the problem. It does still engine brake when I drop down into second out of drive so that eases my mind a little bit but still, what else could be going on? Like I said some people mentioned they had to unplug/reprogram their edge or switch to a different tune and back but i've tried both of these with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated because my local stealership is throwing out outrageous numbers to diagnose and fix the problem. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Sorry guys forgot to mention the codes im throwing...

P0685-ECM/PCM power relay control circuit open

P0689-ECM/PCM power relay sense circuit low

P0748-Pressure control solenoid A

P0962-Pressure control solenoid A control circuit low

and P260F-Evaporative system monitoring processor performance (forgot to mention that my AC went out at the same time I started getting these codes and this one has me thinking it's the culprit)

Old 10-08-2016, 07:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any blown fuses?

Old 10-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by JCR 56
Any blown fuses?
Not that I saw but then again I only checked a few that I suspected could be linked to the transmission's electronics. Didn't seem like there were many in the manual that were. Are there any under the hood?

Old 10-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Anyone else have a similar situation??

Old 10-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes i have an 04 stx that had a 4.6 . i have a 4r70e however. sometimes i would go up this big hill it would lose the OD and the light would flash. when i restart the truck it would go away and drive fine.

check your tranny fluid

another time it happened the truck would drive fine, then a minute later would just rev out and not move. turn off OD and it would drive fine again no OD . A $3 snap ring for the OD band broke. Cost $1700. not covered under warranty because of 275 60 20 tires. stock are 275 55 20.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Damn Intrinity that's a bummer for sure, can't believe they were that nit picky about the tire size voiding the warranty.. I think I finally found the culprit though and it wasn't even the transmission...lol friggin bad ecm/pcm module apparently. Stealership wanted 1300 lmao went online and got one brand new already programmed/flashed for my truck and with two keys for $450. Found some cheaper options but I bought from Protech Auto Systems because i've heard good things, worth the extra hundred imo for a quality part I won't have to worry about. So yay! hah

Old 11-08-2016, 06:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TPAYNE
Damn Intrinity that's a bummer for sure, can't believe they were that nit picky about the tire size voiding the warranty.. I think I finally found the culprit though and it wasn't even the transmission...lol friggin bad ecm/pcm module apparently. Stealership wanted 1300 lmao went online and got one brand new already programmed/flashed for my truck and with two keys for $450. Found some cheaper options but I bought from Protech Auto Systems because i've heard good things, worth the extra hundred imo for a quality part I won't have to worry about. So yay! hah
nice you got it worked out. Sounded hard to diagnose. I try to avoid the dealership like it was the plague.

thanks for posting back.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm having the same problem with mine. it's a 2007 f150 xlt 2wd w/ 4r75e.
OD light flashing, Trans fault light message, whining and slight raddle noise inside trans, rpms go up and down when driving, doesn't seem to go above 3rd gear, feels like parking brake on when in reverse. any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:21 PM
I should also add I had a complete rebuild done on my trans about 2yrs ago (40,000 miles) from amco transmissions which is now out of warranty.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:06 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Darryl W McGee
I'm having the same problem with mine. it's a 2007 f150 xlt 2wd w/ 4r75e.
OD light flashing, Trans fault light message, whining and slight raddle noise inside trans, rpms go up and down when driving, doesn't seem to go above 3rd gear, feels like parking brake on when in reverse. any help would be appreciated.
That's NOT good. These are the beginning symptoms of a gearset failure. That's a bad year for that on these trucks.

D

Quick Reply: 4r75e trans fault/od light flashing