1997 - 2003 F-150

Gauge overlay options

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge overlay options

I have a 2000 F150 with 4.6L Triton V8. It currently has the non tach instrument cluster.

I have read about the re programming of the odometer and the Transponder reprogramming needed when swapping to a cluster with the Tachometer.

What I want is an overlay (for the Tachometer instrument cluster) that will show the speedometer, tach and gauges in bright white.

But the gauges, instead of having the Letters L to H.... I would rather have The oil pressure, Battery, and Temp gauges have numeric values.

Has anyone seen a place to purchase such an overlay?

It doesn't matter to me if the background is white or black. As long as the part where the light shows through is transparent. so I can put the LED color of my choice in the corresponding light socket.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Brian, welcome to the forum.

I think though, that even IF you could find a gauge overlay that had numbers for the oil, battery and temp gauges, you'd be disappointed. Even though they LOOK like gauges, they're not much more than "idiot lights". The temp can vary a lot and the gauge won't move. The battery gauge stays at one spot regardless of the voltage unless it goes VERY high or low. And, the oil pressure stays fixed as long as there IS pressure in the system.

So, if you really want to know the values, you're going to have to invest in something like a ScanGauge.

If I'm wrong, someone will be on to correct me soon.

- Jack

Old 10-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input

Quick Reply: Gauge overlay options