4r70w Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4r70w Problem

Hey guys,

I recently rebuilt my 4r70w after it was rebuilt by a shop that built it incorrectly and wouldn't stand by their workmanship.

So I decided I would tackle the project myself and rebuild it. Rebuilt everything, found out the shop installed the wrong sungear which caused rubbing on the sungear shell and center support.

Air tested everything, checked seals, end play etc. When I started the test drive it would reversed fine, went into Drive fine, but on the test drive when I came to a stop and started again it threw a p0731 code (I am using my sct scanner, could be other code but not sure). Park it back in the driveway and tried to use D2, it works, then D1, it shifts to D1 but it won't move. It feels much differently than neutral. I know there is load on the trans it is just binding or something.

All that to say, I am about to lose it and really want to get this working. Does anyone have any suggestions? I replaced the shift solenoid and double checked my VB was correct. I would love some insight if someone can provide that, I would be forever grateful haha.

Thank you for the help

Old 10-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any insight on this? I am thinking a hydraulic problem. It drives in D2 without any problems. no codes and i do have engine braking.

Quick Reply: 4r70w Problem