2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need strut replacement advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need strut replacement advice

Hello everyone, I have an 09 king ranch sc 4x4 with 6.5 foot bed. Truck has 147,000 on it and it's time for suspension replacement. I have already bought new KYB gas adjust shocks for the back. They came in last Wednesday. Now I need strut advice. I have it narrowed down to the KYB GR2 complete strut, or the Rancho quick lift loaded strut. I know the ranchos say they will lift 2 inches. When I measured my truck, there is 1.5 inches rake between the front and back. I don't really want a nose high stance, and I do occasionally tow and haul things. The ranchos also have 9 position adjustable dampening. That's a plus. I have also looked at the kyb gas adjust strut cartridge, but once I buy all the replacement pieces, it's more expensive than the two other struts I have listed. Both of the above shuts are around $159 at Rock auto. I appreciate the input everyone. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Bilstien 5100 come with adjustable ride height settings

Old 10-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Bilstiens. I just replaced the fronts of my 05 with the Bilstien 4600 and decided to keep my AS spacer since I need all the height I can get. Was a little worried about the ride since they are heavy duty, not an issue, the ride is great both on and off road.

I also went with the KYB rear shocks and even though I have used and had good luck with the KYB's on my other vehicles, they seem a little soft when pulling my boat. Will probably wait until next spring and replace them with the Bilstiens also.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I personally would go Rancho quiklift. Ride firmness adjustable, and 2" leveling. Bilsteins were too firm for my likings.

Quick Reply: Need strut replacement advice