2015 - 2020 F-150

Chime and Reverse Sensing Beeper, come through back speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chime and Reverse Sensing Beeper, come through back speakers?

Had an issue where it would rain or I would wash the truck and my rear driver speaker would buzz. It started after a couple months of ownership. Finally got so bad they fixed it (could replicate it ).

While this buzzing noise was happening the chime and reverse sensing warning (vehicle coming from left or right) would only come through the chime in the dash and not the rear speakers. It would come through pretty amplified through the chime if that makes sense.

They supposidly fixed it (they didn't fix the leak though ). Now my speaker doesn't buzz but the chime and reverse sensor warnings are only coming through the dash chime (sounds like ****).

The dealer said that is normal, so my question is am I going crazy? Guess the only thing I am mad about is they should have strategically sprayed down different areas of the cab with a hose and found the leak... Now they ****ed with the electronics and might not be able to replicate.

Guess I will never buy a first year model vehicle again, which have always been problematic every time.

What do you guys think I should do? And does the chime come through the dash only or am I loosing my mind?

Old 09-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joe t.
Had an issue where it would rain or I would wash the truck and my rear driver speaker would buzz. It started after a couple months of ownership. Finally got so bad they fixed it (could replicate it ).

While this buzzing noise was happening the chime and reverse sensing warning (vehicle coming from left or right) would only come through the chime in the dash and not the rear speakers. It would come through pretty amplified through the chime if that makes sense.

They supposidly fixed it (they didn't fix the leak though ). Now my speaker doesn't buzz but the chime and reverse sensor warnings are only coming through the dash chime (sounds like ****).

The dealer said that is normal, so my question is am I going crazy? Guess the only thing I am mad about is they should have strategically sprayed down different areas of the cab with a hose and found the leak... Now they ****ed with the electronics and might not be able to replicate.

Guess I will never buy a first year model vehicle again, which have always been problematic every time.

What do you guys think I should do? And does the chime come through the dash only or am I loosing my mind?
Let's see how I can help, joe t. What's the current mileage on your truck? Let me know when the last time was that you had it at dealer for this, and I'll check out available options.

Rachel

Old 09-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Nice Rachel

Old 09-06-2016, 04:58 PM
I will send a PM Rachel.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HotLap
Nice Rachel
I try, HotLap!

Originally Posted by joe t.
I will send a PM Rachel.
Got it, joe t.! I just responded to your last PM as well.

Rachel

Old 09-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

My chime only comes from dash area and I could be wrong but I think it does not come through the stereo speakers at all.

I have heard that Chevy/GM does it that way and that when some have upgraded or amplified the head unit they experienced really loud chimes through the speakers. Ford does not have this issue which is why I think it is a completely separate system.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:14 PM
The reason I noticed it was because I would for example back out of my driveway at my office and a car would be coming from the right and it would indicate ding quite loudly from the rear speakers notifying me. Then for example later on in the day it would rain and I would back out and in the same scenario it would only indicate through the dash chime, plus the rear speaker would be buzzing.

The rear speaker would buzz with the radio on or off after a rain.

So far they replaced the speaker and amp I believe. It now only indicates through the dash chime the reverse sensor warning dings but no more buzzing.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:52 AM
They found a chaffed wire in the rear door where the speaker had problems.

I called and asked they show it to me so I know what to look for when the truck is out of warranty if it happens again. I am waiting to hear back, hope they don't take it the wrong way.

Let hope this gets it fixed. I hope to never get the urge to buy a first year out model vehicle ever again LOL.

When I stop by later I am also going to tell them to replace the weather stripping in that door, even if I have to pay for it. Or at least Remove and Pop it back in, check all the components. In my job if we have a leak problem like a window leaking in a house we completely redo it to avoid any wasted time.

Thanks to Ford corporate for stepping up and getting ahold of the right people.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:49 PM
No help for you but it sounds like one of those three stooges shows where they turn on the gas and water sprays out of the sink.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Yeah, electronic shorts will do that.

Old 12-19-2019, 03:04 PM
Angry Back up sensor beeping through dash, not over speakers

Hello all,

I have a 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat. This summer I experienced an issue with the back up sensor in cab beep.
The correct way for this function was in reverse, sync screen shows camera and has I reverse near an object, the sync system lowers the audio volume and starts beeping in gradual succession over the speaker system.

On several occasions, especially when outside temperature was 100', the system failed. Sync would not lower music volume or turn on reverse camera. The reverse beeps no longer came from the speakers, but instead came from the internal, center of dash speaker. Sounded like an old fashion piezo buzzer. This behavior has been intermittent. I was able to video this behavior on my phone. Sync system also wouldn't display temperature intermittently. Sync would leave back camera on while driving forward. Sync would strobe front camera then suddenly stabilizing. Sync system freezes on screens frequently.

The truck is still under warranty. I have taken it in for warranty work and recalls. The Ford dealership won't touch looking into this reverse issue. They explained if no code is shown, they can't fix it. I have presented them the video and they still refuse to acknowledge a issue or investigate issues. The best the service department told me they can do is, when it fails enough to reproduce it, bring the truck in. This means has I'm out and about, I have to be ready to run to dealership, hopefully during open hours or days, to demonstrate what I have described and have video of. In addition, at that time truck will be out of warranty due to miles. I've been desperately searching for others that have had this issue and dealt with a responsible dealership. What was to issue? How did that Ford nail down the issue, etc.

I'm very disappointed with the service I'm receiving. Video proof of an issue and still won't look into it, unbelievable. I can tell that these specifics techs work harder at figuring out not to work than performing their job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Denver, Colorado

Quick Reply: Chime and Reverse Sensing Beeper, come through back speakers?