2013 XLT HVAC control issues - not blend door actuator

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 XLT HVAC control issues - not blend door actuator

I am having very erratic temp control in cold or hot.

When it is hot out, I can sometimes get it to cool down by moving temp **** back to warm very slowly until I start to feel the door do its thing and it starts getting cooler. Then I move it back towards cool very slowly until right before the spot where it goes warm again. If I go too far, then I have to start all over again. This does not seem to work as well for getting heat when its cold outside.

There is no clicking behind the dash, and based upon the way it acts, I don't believe it is something wrong with the blend door actuator or the door itself, but rather the control telling it what to do. Also, I can get the temperature to change briefly sometimes when I move the temp control **** back and forth rapidly, but then it returns to either hot or cold, depending on outside air temp.

Is there as reset on the system, or a way to get fault codes?

I have read everything on here I could find, but did not find this specific problem or a way to diagnose the 2013 single zone system.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Skip Phillips; 08-28-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe it is the actuator just behind the radio to the right a bit. Sometimes the don't make any noise , they just go bad.

Quick Reply: 2013 XLT HVAC control issues - not blend door actuator