Anybody in the 400,000 mile club???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody in the 400,000 mile club???

Hey everyone, still a little new to the site but thought this might be some good info to those of you looking to wring every last drop of use out of your Ford. I joined this site after owning mostly Chevrolet trucks ,and honestly went Ford for a change of pace. Looking down at the same dash in the last 4 trucks and had owned a couple Ford cargo vans that basically ran every day and not always getting the most consistent maintenance. Came across a 02 Supercrew 4x4 with 289xxx on it that still looked good needed a little bit but i took a chance. Miles never really bothered me if the vehicle seemed to have been kept up with and this truck was pretty reliable besides chasing a couple bad ignition coils and an egr miss or hesitation that i ended up solving through you all here. (BTW) thanks for that..I really liked the truck alot, it still looked good was every option i wanted at an awesone price and .after some reassurance from a member that you'd probably be ok to check or change plugs i did, got the coils straightened out and then it happened, launched #5 right out....so no biggie, took care of it, planned to fix the air too and then i met an older guy at a pawn shop i overheard telling the people behind the counter he had a good work truck for sale. Curiosity got the best of me and i didnt see any truck in the parking lot fitting the description of what id just heard so i followed him out to this really nice 150 xl model single cab work truck, white (my favorite) , i assumed it was an 04. I asked him "wheres this 1500 dollar work truck you just spoke about?" He turned to me and said "its this one, ive ordered a new one and the dealership wouldn't take this in on trade, now before you get excited it has 418xxx miles on it" ...I looked at him and asked if something was messed up or what, but he was a hot shot freight hauler and has accumulated most of those miles on the highway working. I asked what year he said "09"...."and if my wife were still able to drive i would keep it till it dies but shes afraid im gonna get broken down in middle of nowhere and be stuck so im getting a new one just like it. If you want this one ill give you my number and you can come take a look to see if its something you want."...we parted ways and i got about 5 min down the road and called him and asked to give me a time to come look and wed go from there. This thing rides like 40xxx mile truck runs superb, never had more than a coil replaced. I gave him the 100 dollars to hold it and waited the week and a half till his new one came in. I sold my 02 for less than i thought it was worth just because of the deal i was gettibg figured id pay it forward in a sense. Its the best 1500 dollars ive spent in a long time. Ive put just over 15xxx since i got it putting me currently at 435568. And itd given no indication it wont do another 100000. Im not so sure about the tranny. The engine is the 4.6 and its got tge six speed auto. Im assuming that will be the thing that goes first, every once in a while it studders shifting if you're in the gas much but if thats all it asks for im gonna keep racking up the miles just to see how many i can actually accumulate myself. I know i didnt put all those on so technically Mr. Floyd deserves the credit, he has a binder of all the general maintenance that was done and he is the one that pampered it. Im trying to carry the flag where he left it to me....ill report back if anyones interested...hope i didnt bore anyone to death...stay safe

Old 08-28-2016, 11:25 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
There is no telling how long it will run. There is that million mile van.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Nephew has a farm truck that was passed down from his Dad. Its a '99 with the V10, last I heard it had 423k on it

Quick Reply: Anybody in the 400,000 mile club???