1997 - 2003 F-150

Converting my 2001 f150 5.4 2 valve to a 5.4 4 valve from a navigator

Old 08-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting my 2001 f150 5.4 2 valve to a 5.4 4 valve from a navigator

Wondering what wires need to be modified for me to install the whole power train from the 2001 Lincoln Navigator everything is in good shape and I'm trying to not spend 5k for someone else to do the work I can do if anyone can help I'd be very appreciative for your assistance I'm not planning on supercharging it yet I need to do this swap before I make later modifications

Old 08-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If you have to ask the question, you probably can't do the swap because it doesn't appear you know how to research.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:14 AM
I've spent days on the web trying to find it that's why I joined this forum but if there's only *******s and bad mouthers on here who aren't willing to assist then this ford forum is garbage

Old 08-17-2016, 10:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Davison
I've spent days on the web trying to find it that's why I joined this forum but if there's only *******s and bad mouthers on here who aren't willing to assist then this ford forum is garbage
Maybe you should give us more info and be more specific in your question then. Punctuation is nice too. Are you trying to use your existing harness, ECU, cluster, and GEM? What components do you already have out of the Lincoln? Do you know about PATS? Are they both 4x4? Can you fabricate the exhaust yourself? Why even bother with the 4V if you're going to boost it?

I'm more than willing to help, but you ask about what wires you need to change then you plan to supercharge but don't want to pay someone else. That makes you come across as someone with a pipe dream that will never do the swap.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:30 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by ishootstuff
If you have to ask the question, you probably can't do the swap because it doesn't appear you know how to research.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:30 PM

so you're gonna have an attitude because you aren't sure what you're wanting?

Old 08-18-2016, 04:31 PM

Wondering what wires need to be modified for me to install the whole power train from the 2001 Lincoln Navigator everything is in good shape and I'm trying to not spend 5k for someone else to do the work I can do if anyone can help I'd be very appreciative for your assistance I'm not planning on supercharging it yet I need to do this swap before I make later modifications

the motor just bolts in, obviously

now everything else depends on what changes you're making with the motor swap

Old 08-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hmm. Just joined- check
2nd post - check
belligerent - check
no punctuation- check
vague questions - and check!

Did I miss anything?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:05 PM
4v base tune keep your ecu
Injectors, with harness pigtails
Flywheel
Mid pipe
Fully dressed 4v donor
There was something about a knock sensor too but that's a minor issue.

Since you can make the same power in a 2v with LT's, cams and a tune, the only thing that will make the 4v worth it is to start with the 4v higher Hp rating and add to it. Todd warren NA cams, B heads, Mach1 intake. ..if you can afford to get into the bottom end, 10:1 or if you can swing 93octane go for 11:1. ($5k is not enough)

I've been debating the 4v vs. blower 2v idea for 2 years now. I've got the pockets for either one but the time it takes and hassle in a thirsty 4v build, it just seems like the returns just wouldn't be there.

4v swap is easy enough if all you're trying to do is swap stock baseline and leave it. That just seems boring.

Also sourcing 4v Long tube headers are impossible but I've been told, Kooks fit with some modding.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Sorry for making an *** of myself but I'm only doing just a motor swap at the time. I have both harness from both vehicles still attached to both motors. I'm keeping my transmission and pulling the fuel lines off of the navigator for that to work properly. I'm not looking to make anything special out of it yet I'm only looking to see what the best option is for me to either try and repin the plug in the 4 valve harness and save the trouble of cutting and splicing in my harness to the new motor. I have to have it tuned for this engine as it is a different set of heads. But if I rewire the 2 valve harness I will have to separate and extend all cool pack wire by 4" and was told to reverse the positive and negative wires don't know if that is true or not knock sensor on my 2 valve is doubled which I still need to wire but will be deleted from programming at least that is what I was told also was told there is an egr delete kit for this to save me worrying about that issue. And yes the headers are the difficulty as well I'm told from a local shop there is a guy doing the same work (I have yet to speak with about this) that he was able to install a set of 4 valve mustang headers into his vehicle no they aren't 4x4 just 2wd if you can assist me with this I'am very grateful for your assistance and support I've tried looking up everything I've called people and I have only gotten minimal advice or even assistance in this matter I will later on pull everything and build it right but this is just to convert my 2wd f-150 super crew into basically a Lincoln Blackwood

Old 09-27-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm looking for an easy method to doing just a motor swap keeping my ecu

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Converting my 2001 f150 5.4 2 valve to a 5.4 4 valve from a navigator