Pre-1997 Models

Code 558 won't go away

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code 558 won't go away

So I recently purchased a 95 302 f150. I live in California and need to smog the vehicle due to buying it as is. I have done a lot of work so far and have gotten rid of most of my codes but I cannot lose the 558. I have replaced the entire vacuum system, I replaced the EVR, replaced O2 sensor, replaced CANP solenoid, cleaned and tested (sucked on a vacuum line and engine bogs and almost dies), cleaned my throttle body, cleaned the egr down tube into the manifold. I need to get this CEL off my dash to smog it. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:51 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is that an OBDI code? If so what is it? I didn't see that listed in the OBDII codes.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:15 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
Is that an OBDI code? If so what is it? I didn't see that listed in the OBDII codes.
Of course you don't see it in the OBD2 codes, it's an OBD1 system with an OBD1 DTC.

Code 558 won't go away
So I recently purchased a 95 302 f150. I live in California and need to smog the vehicle due to buying it as is. I have done a lot of work so far and have gotten rid of most of my codes but I cannot lose the 558. I have replaced the entire vacuum system, I replaced the EVR, replaced O2 sensor, replaced CANP solenoid, cleaned and tested (sucked on a vacuum line and engine bogs and almost dies), cleaned my throttle body, cleaned the egr down tube into the manifold. I need to get this CEL off my dash to smog it. Anyone have any ideas?
You've wasted a lot of money and time because you didn't evaluate the DTC for what it means: You have an electrical circuit fault with the EVR solenoid. That means the fault may reside in any of the following: PCM, EVR solenoid, or the wiring harness. Anything else you may have looked at, replaced, or otherwise was unrelated to the actual fault code.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That is what I thought and that is why I asked. I didn't want to try giving out bad advise.

Thanks for jumping in projectSHO89, I learn from ALL of your posts!

Quick Reply: Code 558 won't go away