Running Board Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running Board Help

Don't know if this is the right forum for this question but I just bought a new 2016 ford f150 without sunning boards I found a set of the chrome 6" stock boards on ebay and purchased them they don't have the nuts or bolts to mount to body of truck or to mount boards to bracket also I have found the part number for my nuts to mount bracket to body but can someone please help with size or part number for bolts to mount boarzs to the bracket any help is greatly appreciated?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi and welcome. I deleted your other thread on this subject because we've found that duplicate threads lead to confusion that can waste your time.

My suggestion would be to visit your dealership - they should be able to help you with the part number and/or size. I suspect you could find the bolts and nuts cheaper at someplace like Ace Hardware too.

- Jack

Old 06-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have found the nut part number to mount bracket to truck from another thread but does anyone know what size bolt is need to mount the board to the bracket called a dealer and all they told me is that it comes in a kit with the boards not sold separately so need help with bolt size?

Old 06-30-2016, 12:03 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
If there is nothing "special" about the bolts, you could measure the opening diameter in the brackets in mm, and measure the length you would need. Then, you could go to a place like Ace Hardware and get bolts, washers, and nuts to fit. They should have stainless ones if you want to avoid corrosion. You DO want metric sized fasteners, not SAE.

I really doubt you need OEM bolts for the running boards, so just get something that will fit. I suggest Ace because they generally have an extensive assortment of fasteners in all grades of material.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Running Board Help