2015 - 2020 F-150

frozen power locks?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frozen power locks?

It was -10c / -20 with windchill this morning and my drivers door power lock won't even make a sound, I unlocked it with the key but even after warming the cab both before and after work it is still silent, tail gate and passenger door work fine. Has any one else had this happen?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
sounds like your lock solenoid failed, dealership time.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:38 PM
I guess it did just freeze, once the temp got around 0C it works again, after some digging around apparently a lot of people are experiencing this

Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 AM
My tailgate actuator keeps freezing up. I live in the Pacific NW, which is moderately cold as compared to the east. This is a real problem for me as I use my truck to haul deliveries to customers. Three times now I have had to dump buckets of hot water on the tail gate to get it to release. I cant be the only one, and I hope ford has a fix in the works. I do not want to remove the locking mechanism!

Old 01-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nickbrumaghim
My tailgate actuator keeps freezing up. I live in the Pacific NW, which is moderately cold as compared to the east. This is a real problem for me as I use my truck to haul deliveries to customers. Three times now I have had to dump buckets of hot water on the tail gate to get it to release. I cant be the only one, and I hope ford has a fix in the works. I do not want to remove the locking mechanism!
Hi nickbrumaghim,

Since this has happened multiple times, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership to have the actuator inspected. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

Old 01-07-2016, 07:37 PM
I had this happen to me today, my driver side rear door lock would not pop up with key fob. Drove 35min to work, still nothing. Came out at 4pm, weather went from -10 to 0, pressed key fob and lock opened up! Had to cancel my service appointment for tmrw, figured it was frozen. All in all I'm still not impressed, never had this issue with any other truck, Chev, Toyota, Nissan and other F150's-rangers!

Old 01-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi nickbrumaghim,

Since this has happened multiple times, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership to have the actuator inspected. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal
Hi Crystal, thanks for the reply. The truck has almost 4k miles on it. I do want to get to the bottom of it, but am rather busy, and fear Ill get the typical "Its working now, nothing wrong with it."

Old 01-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by nickbrumaghim
Hi Crystal, thanks for the reply. The truck has almost 4k miles on it. I do want to get to the bottom of it, but am rather busy, and fear Ill get the typical "Its working now, nothing wrong with it."
You're welcome, nickbrumaghim. If you'd like, I can get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager; they'll work with you and the dealership to ensure it's resolved. To proceed, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll take it from there.

Crystal

Old 01-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Same here!

2015 f150 10k miles. Rear doors are now having the same issues as this thread. Since temp dropped below 32 degrees the rear locks do not operate with fob or manual door locks. Unlike many work f150 trucks out there mine has car seats for my kids which I can now not access or open the door to get them out! I too need to make an appointment with ford but it appears to work sporadically during the day if warm enough...any suggestions?

Old 01-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jbabs
2015 f150 10k miles. Rear doors are now having the same issues as this thread. Since temp dropped below 32 degrees the rear locks do not operate with fob or manual door locks. Unlike many work f150 trucks out there mine has car seats for my kids which I can now not access or open the door to get them out! I too need to make an appointment with ford but it appears to work sporadically during the day if warm enough...any suggestions?
I'd like to welcome you to the site as well, Jbabs. Heading to the dealership is definitely the best next step. I'll offer you the same assistance that I have to the other folks on this thread; PM me your details, and I'll arrange for your regional customer service manager to reach out. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 01-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Same problem, drivers side rear. Very annoying!

Old 01-13-2016, 08:42 AM
Not sure how to send PM

Originally Posted by FordService
I'd like to welcome you to the site as well, Jbabs. Heading to the dealership is definitely the best next step. I'll offer you the same assistance that I have to the other folks on this thread; PM me your details, and I'll arrange for your regional customer service manager to reach out. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal
Thanks Crystal! As I am new to this site, I am not sure how to send a PM to you directly. Is there an email address I can send my info to? Searched the forum and cant seem to how to complete this...sorry

Thanks

Jake

Old 01-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mpkav
Same problem, drivers side rear. Very annoying!
Hey Mpkav,

If you haven't yet, I'd recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealer as a next step. What's the truck's current mileage?

Crystal

Old 01-13-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm waiting to see if anyone has a solution when they take theirs. I have a feeling it will work after the first 5 minutes it's in the warm service bay and they will just send me back out the door!

Old 01-13-2016, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mpkav
I'm waiting to see if anyone has a solution when they take theirs. I have a feeling it will work after the first 5 minutes it's in the warm service bay and they will just send me back out the door!
Sounds like a plan, Mpkav; give me a shout if I can be of assistance.

Crystal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: frozen power locks?