2004 - 2008 F-150

***23mb Lifted F-150 Crossing Mudhole/Trail Video***

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
***23mb Lifted F-150 Crossing Mudhole/Trail Video***

Here is the video.
, and http://videos.streetfire.net/video/22D63637-9725-48BD-BA24-560162343EF2.htm is another alt link.

This video takes place at an OHV park near Patterson called Frank Raines. It's a large park, a hidden gem around here. I quickly put the vid together for you guys so don't mind it's "simplistic" nature. I hope you guys like the starting logo's I always create for my videos, they take more work than the video itself. Getstuk is myself, thats my new license plate. And the picture was a picture I took at the middle of the trail, it went up a little bit more.

Anyways, the water came over my hood at parts and now the truck has thrown a CEL. Also, half the video was taken by a 4 wheeling group called mudmashers(.com), great group of guys. I might be hanging out with them in the future. Definitely dropped a few jaws as they've seen many trucks get stuck in that hole. One of them is running all 1 ton running gear w/37+" boggers on, 454ci w/lockers in the rear, another running 38" hawgs, d44 f+r and f+r lockers(both chevy's). The second guy was the one who blew his front end, he came over the hill with something in his hand and first thing that came to my mind was he rolled it. Well, he didn't roll it but he was in a bind and needed a yank so the 150 came to the rescue. I also had to pull that Jeep up a couple hills, unfortunately the camera died in the middle of the trip.

I hope you guys enjoy this one, it came at a cost larger than before. The scratches this time are down the entire sides of the cab and seem unbuffable.

A buddy's 73 Blazer on 35" Bfg's w/350ci broke down and wasn't able to make it to Frank Raines, unfortunately. So I towed him into town today from where he was stranded. We are nearly home and I decide to punch it from a stop going about 7mph (he sure did not expect it) and ripped his front crossmember off. Little did I know his brakelines were behind the crossmember, lmao. So he jumps out of the truck in the middle of the intersection and grabs the door and is trying to slow it down with his legs. Me and the guys in my truck were absolutely dying...I cannot explain how hysterical this situation was. So he finally stops it and pushes it to the side of the road. He just puts it up for sale where it happened, I swear to God. He ran into Kragen's and came out with For Sale signs. I was dying. So that was my weekend.

Last edited by Josiah; 12-21-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a sick video! I love watching what these big Fords can do. It's also nice to see a Ford pullin out a Chevy.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Is the "Off Roading" forum not working?

Old 04-24-2006, 07:45 AM
well done!!.. i'm jealous.. i wish it was me!

chris

Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Question

How did you get your 37s to finally clear without rubbing?

Old 04-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Wow...what a video....I'm jealous....

I dont know if I can do that to my daily driver but it sure it tough looking....

Old 04-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I just showed my entire class that video. That was amazing!!!!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Great video.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Wow...that was a sweet F.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah

Here is the video. Here is an alt link.

This video takes place at an OHV park near Patterson called Frank Raines. It's a large park, a hidden gem around here. I quickly put the vid together for you guys so don't mind it's "simplistic" nature. I hope you guys like the starting logo's I always create for my videos, they take more work than the video itself. Getstuk is myself, thats my new license plate. And the picture was a picture I took at the middle of the trail, it went up a little bit more.

Anyways, the water came over my hood at parts and now the truck has thrown a CEL. Also, half the video was taken by a 4 wheeling group called mudmashers(.com), great group of guys. I might be hanging out with them in the future. Definitely dropped a few jaws as they've seen many trucks get stuck in that hole. One of them is running all 1 ton running gear w/37+" boggers on, 454ci w/lockers in the rear, another running 38" hawgs, d44 f+r and f+r lockers(both chevy's). The second guy was the one who blew his front end, he came over the hill with something in his hand and first thing that came to my mind was he rolled it. Well, he didn't roll it but he was in a bind and needed a yank so the 150 came to the rescue. I also had to pull that Jeep up a couple hills, unfortunately the camera died in the middle of the trip.

I hope you guys enjoy this one, it came at a cost larger than before. The scratches this time are down the entire sides of the cab and seem unbuffable.

A buddy's 73 Blazer on 35" Bfg's w/350ci broke down and wasn't able to make it to Frank Raines, unfortunately. So I towed him into town today from where he was stranded. We are nearly home and I decide to punch it from a stop going about 7mph (he sure did not expect it) and ripped his front crossmember off. Little did I know his brakelines were behind the crossmember, lmao. So he jumps out of the truck in the middle of the intersection and grabs the door and is trying to slow it down with his legs. Me and the guys in my truck were absolutely dying...I cannot explain how hysterical this situation was. So he finally stops it and pushes it to the side of the road. He just puts it up for sale where it happened, I swear to God. He ran into Kragen's and came out with For Sale signs. I was dying. So that was my weekend.

Insane
Out of your mind
Crazy
Clinically Insane
Nuts
Loopy
One card short of a full-house

Sorry, I'm just so stunned I can't think of more words for you.

Josiah,

You are nuts, I cannot believe it. It's an georgous truck and you just love to beat the snot out of it. I just couldn't do that because I'd be panicing about breaking or scratching something.

Best of luck with the CEL. How did you ever fix your rubbing issue?

In about 3 years my truck won't be a daily driver and then I'm doing the following:

6 inch lift
20 inch mazzi hulks
35 inch micky tompson tires (that way I hopefully wont' have the rubbing issues you have b/c I really don't want to do a body lift or cut stuff. Not only that, I really don't want them to stick out that much.)

Looks sharp!

Duke

Old 04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
That was a great video Josiah..... looks like a blast can't wait to start doing that again with my new FX4.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Damn work for blocking streaming video!!!! I'll have to view it when I get home, and I can't wait!!

Old 04-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Very sweet! Enjoyed watching that at work

Old 04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by roushlimited
That was a great video Josiah..... looks like a blast can't wait to start doing that again with my new FX4.
Where's my toast post?

Old 04-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Thanks duke, keepup, roush, all of you. I appreciate the comments, it makes it worth posting!

And onbelay, you little chit. I feel like I'm the only one in there sometimes J/k

Quick Reply: ***23mb Lifted F-150 Crossing Mudhole/Trail Video***