Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z-Liner and Ziebart

Old 12-22-2000, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Z-Liner and Ziebart

I see that Ziebart has changed their web site in the last few days and now eludes to the "Z-Liner spray-on bedliner", as well as the Rhino. Has anyone had any experience with the Z-Liner? I could only find reference to it at http://www.ziebart.com/prodServicesMain.htm and then clicking the "Protection Services" link on the center bottom. There seems to be no reference to it on the vertical menu located near the frame.

Old 12-28-2000, 12:38 AM
Some Ziebart dealers have conflicting territories with existing Rhino Linings dealers and have to use an alternative product.I've heard that each Ziebart dealer may be using a different alternative under the Z-liner name(line-x,speedliner...ect)
,just check out your local dealers product and work and decide if it's right for you and your truck.
Rhino

Old 12-29-2000, 05:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Z-liner was their own brand of spray in liner. I had one in my 97 and loved it... it is a 2-part epoxy-based meterial that cures under heat lamps for 6 hours. It was hard as heck, but apparently that made it prone to chipping. I had some minor abrasions from a 4x6 dog house I dragged across it once, but never had a problem with lumber, cement, or anything else for that matter. It still looked glossy after 2 years, but it was under a tonneau cover for a year and a half. I had them make it grey, and it was very close to the color of the factory rail caps. Looked awesome! As for the Rhino... they claim it's the best, but none of the local ziebard dealers will color match it, so I'm going with the line-x because it's got UV stabilizers built in. (Rhino's needs to be reapplied annually)
-Joe-

-Joe-

Old 12-29-2000, 10:08 PM
Hi Jo,
Z-liner was originally their "house" brand epoxy liner,they quit making it for the chiping and cracking you mentioned,now they just use the name as a cover for other brands(they currently don't manufacture their own).As far as your local rhino dealers not wanting to match colors,I'm sorry to hear that.last but not least,ALL polyurethane liners have uv stabilizers built in, including rhino(and no it doesn't need reapplied every year).Does this mean they won't dull or change in the weather,no.This is mainly a sales pitch by most companys.Don't get me wrong i'm not saying line-x is a bad product,In some ways I like it,I just hate it when salesmen try to be tricky when selling their product.

Just trying to share information i have about the industry(my Rhino shop has been open for 12yrs).Good luck w/whatever product you choose!
Rhino

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z-Liner and Ziebart