Lightning

Grudge matches with a twist!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grudge matches with a twist!

The end of February before the FFW and NMRA race schedules start I would like to see the original 3 big number trucks go at it! For those who dont know thats JL, SAL@PSP, and me Jim@JDM with our own personal trucks. So this is not a one hit wonder race we will each make 5 passes, total up all the times to average and determine King of the Hill. This way it will determine how well the truck is built and tuned.

Or we could do it this way like a true street setup where you have to drive the vehicle 500miles on the road. We all meet at one location follow each other to the strip, bolt our slicks on and see who comes out on top. The same goes for the top 5 fastest of our customers. In other words Ill have 5 of my fastest customers there to race 5 of JL's and 5 of Sals customers.

I would like the Lightning community input on this one and what they would like to see for King of the Hill, a true street vehicle, or a all out race vehicle. Either way JDM and our 5 customers are ready to go.

Jim@JDM Vs. SAL@PSP Vs. Johnny@JLP

Kevin White
Chiken1
Mike Anderson
Vinnie Telesco
Jeff Bruso

Jim@JDM

Old 11-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a blast.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Where's Johnny...

I guess JDM is finally tired of all that smack JL talks about him and his customers. Here comes JDM...

Old 11-15-2004, 07:35 PM
I think it sounds like a FUN idea! I'd travel to see that.

as long as the negativity could be checked at the gate.

A "FRIENDLY SHOOTOUT" so to speak.

:santa:

Old 11-15-2004, 07:43 PM
What a way to finish up the year!

Great Idea Jim!

I'm there, eeven if my truck isn't!

Let the games begin!

Suavy

Old 11-15-2004, 08:00 PM
I agree with superfords 100%. Let the times and winners do the talking. Check it at the gate.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Do it at Etown... i dont wanna drive too far.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Sounds Sweet

Damn, I am just 2.5 secs from making Jim's team.

Let's get ready to rumble!!
Rat Trap

Old 11-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Re: Grudge matches with a twist!

Originally posted by Jim@JDM
The end of February before the FFW and NMRA race schedules start I would like to see the original 3 big number trucks go at it! For those who dont know thats JL, SAL@PSP, and me Jim@JDM with our own personal trucks. So this is not a one hit wonder race we will each make 5 passes, total up all the times to average and determine King of the Hill. This way it will determine how well the truck is built and tuned.

Or we could do it this way like a true street setup where you have to drive the vehicle 500miles on the road. We all meet at one location follow each other to the strip, bolt our slicks on and see who comes out on top. The same goes for the top 5 fastest of our customers. In other words Ill have 5 of my fastest customers there to race 5 of JL's and 5 of Sals customers.

I would like the Lightning community input on this one and what they would like to see for King of the Hill, a true street vehicle, or a all out race vehicle. Either way JDM and our 5 customers are ready to go.

Kevin White
Chiken1
Mike Anderson
Vinnie Telesco
Jeff Bruso

Jim@JDM
Granted I would have liked to been invited but that is ok, but I think it is a great idea! I also personally like street driven vehicles over track only vehicles. That is also just me. I also think all the trucks should be pretty close in weight. To me a Lightning that tips the scales under 4,000 pounds isn't really a Lightning anymore, how could it be, just because something looks like a Lightning doesn't mean it is a Lightning. Best of luck to all those who are chosen. Keep the shiny side up and enjoy yourselves. -Mat-

Old 11-15-2004, 08:11 PM
I would like to be there to get an autographed PIC of Johnny and Sue receiving the "Tuner Cup" and the pouring of the milk.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:20 PM
does this include black AWD Lightnings with a prototype 3.3L Whipple that is supposed to be a secret? Muuaaahhh...

Turbo Lightning?

working air condition? power steering? power windows/locks? Safety beam in doors removed?

4 link rear suspension? Mini tubs?
5.4L block? Stoked 5.4L? 4.6L? twin turbo 4.6?

Trans lock? Brake Lock? Tailgate on/off?

Street legal/not street legal?

I think we need to set a few more ground rules.

what about the faster trucks on the WEST COAST?

Last edited by l-menace; 11-15-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Awesome,
Nothing like good old fashion Competition

May the best Man Win

I think trailer is better, WE WANT #'s so tune those
Bad Boys up to the hilt, trailer them in,
and let the fun begin

Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Sounds good, personally I'd like to see them drive 500 miles and then race. Either way it will still be fun.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Re: Grudge matches with a twist!

Originally posted by Jim@JDM

Kevin White
Chiken1
Mike Anderson
Vinnie Telesco
Jeff Bruso

Jim@JDM
I think that's a great idea, however I would average the best 3 passes of each vendor. Everyone needs a shakedown pass, and everyone has a problem at some point. Say someone threw a belt, that takes them out of it all together.

I say average the best 3

Old 11-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Lets drive them in, mine is street driven to Waco every weekend at 5184 lbs.

Quick Reply: Grudge matches with a twist!