4 wheel parts rocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 wheel parts rocks

I had a very good experience at 4 wheel parts this weekend and wanted to tell somebody about it. (I don't work for them and I'm not affiliated in any way.) This was at their Marietta, GA, store.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/

I bought a set of the Pro Comp AT's in 33x12.50x17 about 33,000 miles ago. One of the tires has been giving me problems since the first few thousand miles. It would never balance properly, it always lost air, etc. This went on for 2 years and 33,000 miles. Finally I noticed that that particular tire was completely worn out while the other tires had about 10,000 miles left on them. The truck had been aligned twice, tires roated every 5000 miles, etc. I took it back to 4wheel parts once and they said the tire was OK, this was about a year and 20,000 miles ago.

Since I was tired of the trouble I went back again. I figured worst case scenario they would pro rate the tire since it wasn't near the 50,000 mile warranty yet. The manager comes out and looks at my truck, asks a bunch of questions, then goes in back for a while. I was expecting an argument or something to get them to replace the tire.

Anyway, the manager comes back out and tells me that they are going to replace all of the tires... and for free. I was in shock, I couldn't believe that was even happening to me! The bill came out to $743.xx and the total we had to pay was ZERO. I drove around all weekend smiling.

It's not like I knew the guy, or I had bought a ton of stuff there. The only thing large that I purchased from 4wheel parts was the tires, and besides that I have spent maybe $200 or $300 with them.

Either way, I'm not sure what posessed the store to do that, but I am impressed. I'll definitely remain a customer at 4 wheel parts.

Old 08-19-2002, 11:49 AM
wow, they really know how to treat their customers, congrats.

Old 08-19-2002, 12:15 PM
4WP online sucks(treat ya like crap if there's a problem) but going to their stores rocks, I had a friend who got new gears put in by them and the next day his rear pretty much exploded, now usualy when something like this happens the shop would blame it on something you did and you would have to pay for most if not all of it. But he went back to 4WP and they pretty much were applogizing(sp?) on their knee's and gave him a rental car while his truck was geting fixed again. Atleast they admit to a mistake.
I just ordered my new rims and tires from 4wp's online and I was treated like crap and I will never do it again, I'll drive the 15 minutes to there store.

Old 08-20-2002, 05:33 PM
cool

I just wish the nearest 4whp store wasn't 2 1/2 hours down the road.At any rate I called them and ordered some stuff.Customer service was pretty good,The big hold up seems to be UPS. My tracking # tells me that my stuff has been in town since friday morning and the brown truck of joy has yet to drop it off........errrrrrrrrrr

Quick Reply: 4 wheel parts rocks