Lightning

Best Place To Install Autometer Electronic Water Temperature Sender

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Place To Install Autometer Electronic Water Temperature Sender

I just received my Lotek Gauge Pod and Autometer Phantom Gauges (Thanks Bob!) and was planning my install for this weekend. I have determined where to tap into the oxygen sensor wiring for the air/fuel gauge and the boost gauge, but am wondering where to install the water temperature sender. I have the 5737 Autometer Electronic Water Temperature Gauge. Anybody else out there using this gauge? Where did you tap into the cooling system at? Any suggestions would be appreciated and pics would be a god send! Thanks in advance!!!

SEARCH POLICE...I did a search and came up with very little, so back off!

Old 11-06-2001, 11:12 PM
Glad you got them!!!!

I have not recieved my other guages i ordred yet, but they have sender wery similar to the autometer.

After alot of reasearch i have learned that you can put it many diffrent places.

1. the left heater hose that over the pass valve cover.
2. there is fitting to a water jacket somewhere near the oil filter.
3. drill and tap the thermostat housing.
4. tee of the pet **** on the radiator.
5. drill a hole and tap it into the intake manifold.

I will either install it in the heater hose or the plug near the oil filter. I built a tee for the heater hose out a parts bin at a local hardware store similar to the one i sent you for the autometer boost line.

see pic.

Bob

let me know what you do!!!!

Old 11-07-2001, 12:49 AM
Check out this thread:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=54593

I put mine in the block. No drilling, tapping etc.

Old 11-08-2001, 08:58 PM
Will installing the sender in the area around the oil filter on the driver's side of the block give very accurate temperature readings? This looks like the easiest place without drilling, tapping, or cutting anything. What's your experiences with using the gauge with the sender in this area??? Thanks for all who replied!

Doug

Old 11-08-2001, 11:27 PM
Thumbs up

Will installing the sender in the area around the oil filter on the driver's side of the block give very accurate temperature readings? This looks like the easiest place without drilling, tapping, or cutting anything. What's your experiences with using the gauge with the sender in this area??? Thanks for all who replied!
BlownSVT2001,

The only thing that I haved noticed about putting the sensor in the block is that the water flow may be a little less in this area. The response is not quit as fast as the factory gauge, but the accuracy seems to be pretty good. Not really a problem, just something I've noticed. It's definately the easiest pace to install it IMO. Unless you race at full operating temperature you wouldn't get a reading wth it in the water neck since the thermostat has to be open. And, with it mounted in the block, there are no extra wires under under the hood.

Last edited by ASVTFordBoy; 10-20-2004 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Place To Install Autometer Electronic Water Temperature Sender