Lightning

Want to install some guages...have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 02:43 PM
2kL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Want to install some guages...have some questions

Does anybody make an a pillar guage holder for the L? Where is everyone else putting their aftermarket gauges? I would like to ad a phantom boost guage, oil guage, and temp guage.

Brandon

Old 08-07-2001, 02:56 PM
Thumbs up

You can order the Lo-Tek 2 or 3 gauge piller pod from RK Kustoms. Customer service is top notch.

http://www.rkkustom.com

Old 08-07-2001, 02:58 PM
2kL
Thanks for the info. I just bought the L friday. Still new to the game.

Brandon

Old 08-07-2001, 03:53 PM
2KL

don't get the low tek pod!

I had one and the quality was crappy compared to the autometer gauge pod.

the pillars in the L's are the same as the regular f150's and expedititon's. stick with the autometer, its about the same price anyway.

Old 08-07-2001, 03:57 PM
RTKILLA,

They changed the design and it fits real good now. I got mine yesterday and test fit it and it fits perfectly. Pics to come!!!!!

Old 08-07-2001, 04:29 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
2kL,

first off, WELCOME.

Here is a pic of my gauges and LOTEK pod. What Killa forgot to mention was that he bought the TWO gauge pod and it did have fit quality issues but the THREE gauge pod, as you can see, isn't totally perfect but it's darn close.

Old 08-07-2001, 04:42 PM
2kl,
Actually we had a group purchase on the Lotek 3 pod pillar post and I was in charge. I rejected the two pod design because the length was too short and it didn't fit well. They redid the mold and the three pod came out quite well and the paint color matches quite well. Autometer sent me a three pod to review and it is of good quality but not reallly better than Lotek and it came black which means you have to get the correct gray paint and clean and paint the piece, a real hassel. They are about the same price. Learn to use the search button at the top. Everything ever posted here is preserved and will really help you with questions that have already been answered in detal and the Lightning specifice FAQ will lead you in the right direction on just about everything concerning your L..
noelvm

Old 08-07-2001, 05:25 PM
Never mind

Old 08-07-2001, 05:26 PM
Unhappy

"Learn to use the search button at the top. Everything ever posted here is preserved and will really help you with questions that have already been answered in detal and the Lightning specifice FAQ will lead you in the right direction on just about everything concerning your L..
noelvm"

What you seem to forget is that many of the links in the FAQ don't work right now, and as a matter of fact just a few minutes ago I did a search on "shackles" and it came back with nothing matching. I know shackles have been covered 100's of times throughout this entire board, but the search came up with nothing. While this may be just a bug that has happened recently, it never the less didn't work. I tried going to the FAQ, and what do you know, not one link that I tried worked. So, where would this leave a "new member"?? Is it really that hard for you to see a post that has been covered in the past? Does it just bother you that much that you absolutley must make a "do a search" reply? I mean we are all here to help each other...

I'm not trying to flame you or anything... You have been here longer than I have, and have posted lots of helpfull information... But as of late, almost every post from you (unless you start the thread) ends with a "do a search"... I guess I just don't see what is so wrong about trying to help someone, even if the subject has been covered plenty of times. You never know when someone might just have a new insight to an issue that has been covered before.

Old 08-07-2001, 06:16 PM
My most humble apologies. I just tried a search for "drop" as in drop shackles. Nothing. The "search engine" must be lost. Kahn will take a vacation for awhile and go look for Kirk.
noelvm

Old 08-07-2001, 06:27 PM
Trucks the finally frontier, these are the voyages of the F150 LIGHTNING, it contiunuing mission is to explore new sites, to seek out new parts and new modifications. to boldy go where no lightning has gone before. "THE SEARCH PAGE"

Relax boys!

Last edited by RTKILLA; 08-07-2001 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2001, 07:01 AM
2kL
Thanks, for all the advice guys.

P.S. I don't mind someone ribbing me on the "search" function.

Old 08-08-2001, 07:50 AM
Rest In Peace
RTKILLA

RTKILLA
Do you have any pics to post of the autometer pod would like to see how that looks. And did you have get the pod painted to match i have the newer lotek 3 pillar pod it fits good at the top but the bottom is still ok they needed to put more then one clip on it like the stock pillar. Well if you hae any pis please post them.
Thanks
Vin

Old 08-08-2001, 10:08 AM
I don't have any pics but I could take some tonight.

the autometer pod gets glued to the old pillar and you use the stock mounts and pod. I had mine painted to match at the body shop and it turn out great. didn't even charge me for it. I guess repeat service does pay off, or maybe he's waiting for the day that I get my truck painted yellow$$$$$$

Old 08-08-2001, 10:19 AM
The Autometer Lunar guages are cool and are rumored to be finally issued this year. My parts guy is checking, otherwise the Phantom Guages by Autometer are the most like the L. Can't post pics as my junky SONY Mavica camera is broken again (Don't buy one).
noelvm

Quick Reply: Want to install some guages...have some questions