Lightning

Found some fog light covers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-1999, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Found some fog light covers...

I posted this piece of info in another thread, but thought I would make a new topic of it and see if anybody is interested.

If anyone is interested, I have a line on lexan foglight covers for our trucks. They are available in clear and smoke and I can get them for $38.00/pair plus shipping.

It took me almost 3 months to find this source, these particular lights are found only on Mustangs and now on the Lightnings, so there hasn't been enough market for the OEM's to really care much about producing them.

I would rather pay the $38.00 for covers than have to replace the lights (the whole light, not just the lens) at $118.00 each. I am not doing this on a profit basis, your cost is the same as my cost.

The amount of information and education I have received from everybody on the forum more than pays for my time on this project.

I intend to order a quantity of these lenses out of pocket and distribute them myself. I used the clear lens and they look and perform very well. Installation takes about 2 minutes for both lenses, they just press fit into place and that is it. I have been through car washes, run the truck up to 135 mph and they stayed put.

If there is interest, email me at wyldman@houston.rr.com and let me know. I will be out of town at the SVT event at the Texas Motorplex this weekend, so I won't be answering messages till at least Sunday, please bear with me...

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
Invinca-Shield, full kit.
NOS KIT Delivered - that RT is gonna wish he never sandbagged me!
Fog light gaurds

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 09-24-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 09-24-1999).]

Old 09-24-1999, 03:01 PM
Chuck,

I just mentioned in the other thread that I would like to order a set of the clear Lexan fog light covers from you. They look nice and, like you said, offer good insurance.

BTW, that's a great shine you've put on your truck. I assume the reflection in the bumper is you? And, your Invinca-Shield film appears to be well done. With the I-S film and the light covers, you're just about impervious to light road damage, I'd say.

Mike Philpott

Old 09-24-1999, 04:48 PM
Cool

Nice shine...thought that was a chrome bumper 'til I saw those parking lights! Please e-mail me a place to send the check for the clear ones. mcklein@erols.com

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip, Mobil 1

Old 09-25-1999, 12:34 AM
Banned
Hey Wyldman make sure you bring them up to the Rally, I would like to take a look at them. I believe that mine are the same size and I too would like some.

------------------
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Member of Fordified.
Black 1999 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flairside Roush package includes the Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, and Roush Eyebrow Logo. Extras are the Superchip, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window and lots of other little odds and ends

mumbly@myf150.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 09-24-1999).]

Old 09-26-1999, 04:34 PM
Anyone interested in the covers, please send me an email with your address and whether you want clear or smoked lenses. For me to send individual emails for each order would be a handful already. I had several people approach me at the SVT event in Ennis this weekend wanting to get them as well. I have a separate file I am using to track everything and keep from missing anyone. If I don't have an email from you requesting the part, then I will be filling those orders last.

As you can see, I opted for the clear because I use the light from my fog/driving lights (a little night blind) and didn't want to dim them.

Thanks for the nice comments on my truck's finish. I have waxed it about 8 times now, and have become even more **** about keeping it clean and pretty (my black T-Bird started me down that road). The reflection of the picture taker is my son. I am much larger than he is and would have caused an eclipse instead of a reflection (hehe).

P.S. I took a large rock in the strip under the bug guard Thursday night (off of a cement truck, of course) and you can't even see where it hit, very impressive stuff.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
Clear Lexan fog light covers

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 09-26-1999).]

Old 09-28-1999, 06:05 PM
Lightbulb

Just pushing this up to the top again. Interest has been a little overwhelming already, but I can take it.

So far the clear lenses are going about 2 to 1 against the smoked ones.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug

Old 09-30-1999, 01:02 PM
Just keeping this one on top, this is the last time I'll do this, I promise.

I've already had to increase the order from the manufacturer, they want to know if I want to be a distributor now. I told them this was a club thing and that it wouldn't do any good.

Anyone interested, email me at Wyldman@houston.rr.com, I am taking orders but not accepting money until I have product in hand.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
NOS KIT Being installed! - that RT is gonna wish he never sandbagged me!

Old 10-05-1999, 10:44 PM
Exclamation

Quick update,

Check your email for the notifications I have sent to the people who have already posted orders. Check also the shipping information you have provided to make sure it is correct (this has been included in each email, no info sharing here, I went ahead and sent individual responses).

I did have a couple of folks who haven't sent thier shipping info yet, if you are one of these people, please get it to me ASAP.

If you have ordered a set of lenses, and did not recieve an email from me on 10-5-99, then please notify me and I'll do my best to accomodate.

I currently have 2 sets of the smoked lenses in hand, ready to go out, if anyone else is interested.

The second batch of clear lenses should be in hand late this week or early next week. I can still place further orders if there is enough interest.

As always, thanks,

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning
CD Changer, Tow Pkg., Lojack, Superchip, G-Tech/Pro, SnugLid, BedRug, Invinca-Shield, full kit, NOS KIT on hold for the time being, Clear Lexan fog light covers, 3M Ti Window Tint, Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory), PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper), American Auto Designs ram air hood - in transit

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 10-05-1999).]

Old 10-15-1999, 05:40 PM
Thumbs up

Chuck,

Just wanted to let you know (publicly) that I have received your clear Lexan fog light covers, took about 30 seconds to install them, and that they look and fit great!

Thanks again for offering this service to your fellow Lightning fanatics.

Mike Philpott
'99.5 Black Lightning w/Lexan covers

Old 10-15-1999, 07:56 PM
Thumbs up

Chuck,,,,,Have to agree with Mike about the Fog Light Covers....got them today and they look great.......however Mike.....I think my smoked version may look even better than the clear ones!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Chuck.......Tybee

Old 10-16-1999, 04:25 AM
Well, I dunno, Tybee. I think I prefer the clear to the smoked, but I was torn between the two. Probably should have ordered one set of each so I could swap 'em out as the mood hit me.

Mike

Old 10-17-1999, 08:03 AM
Thumbs up

Got mine too, thnx Wyldman.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip,Water Wetter, Mobil 1, 13.573@101.08

Old 10-17-1999, 05:00 PM
Cool

Just to fuel the fire a bit more.....

I put the extra set of smoked lenses on my truck before I took off for Austin for the rally.

What a mistake! Now I have to decide whether to use the clear or the smoke or keep 'em both like Tybee mentioned.

Oh crap! I guess I'll keep 'em both

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood - in transit; Cal-Tracs traction bars

Old 12-21-1999, 10:31 PM
Question

Wyldman,

Do you still have any of those covers left? A foreign object managed to blast a hole in my left foglight. Bulb's unaffected but lense is trashed. Also, anyone have a line on a new lense?

Thanks.

------------------
Steve F.
'99 Red Lightning
'00 Bimota SB8R
'94 Probe GT

Old 12-21-1999, 10:41 PM
Exclamation

BB: Gotta buy the whole foglight, they don't sell the lense seperate.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip,Water Wetter, Mobil 1, Foglamp Covers, 13.573@101.08

Quick Reply: Found some fog light covers...