Lightning

Window Tint - How dark is too dark

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window Tint - How dark is too dark

I did a search and only found one post about dark tint on the back window. So, how dark is too dark? I've got mine dark all the way around. It's like sitting in a broom closet and looking out the open door. The only time I find the limo tint on the back to be a problem is when I back up at night. Then I just open the beer can window so I can see. The rest of the time I'm basicly only concerned with what's ahead.

Thoughts?

------------------
Rick - Hwy_2_L@HotMail.com
Friends don't let Friends drive Chevys
White 00 - Adopted May 3rd 00[*] V1 with Remote[*] Superchip Flipchip CUX2R2[*] Airaid Filter Kit - S&B Big Mouth Filter[*] Magnaflow Custom Catback[*] AIM 2" Drop Shackles[*] Hard Tonneau[*] Bedrug[*] Clear Front Corners[*] Ultra Whites – top and bottom[*] Taillight Covers[*] Lightning Hitch Cover[*] Custom FL Tag[*] Muth Signal Mirrors [*] Eclipse 54410 Receiver, 5962 In-Dash CD Changer[*] MB Quarts - PKC116 Front, DKC116 Rear[*] Alpine MRV-F353 5 Channel [*] Limo Window Tint
Upcoming mods[*] Keypad Entry Handle

Old 07-21-2000, 06:40 PM
I put limo on the rear and 35% on the sides. The 35% I think is perfect. I wish that I had put on a lighter tint on the rear for the reason that you mentioned, can hardly see out the back.

------------------
Jim
jim@jimshaw.cc

Black 00, Swanson Chip, clear corners, super whites
Airaid w/10" Big Mouth filter, chrome wheels,
AIM 2" drop shackles, Mobile1 w/FilterMag, 35% tint
2000 E320, 1993 Cobra R, 1959 Corvette, 1949 Plymouth Coupe

Looking for a better paying job to support my L

Old 07-21-2000, 11:21 PM
Every state is different when it comes to tinted windows. Most states will allow a completely blacked out (or painted black if you want)tinted rear window if: you have two side mirrors capable of seeing 200 feet to the rear from the drivers position.

Other than "Glazing Material" which polarizes UV rays, (STOCK), no material can be affixed that is no more than a "visible light transmittance of 88 percent" or changes the color of the glass to any side window in front of the vehicle's door posts.

In simple terms, no tinting to side front windows are allowed in California, no matter how light or dark!

Old 07-22-2000, 12:49 AM
My side windows are 5% and the rear had a 20% film put on it to make it equal to 5%. I have really had no problems with seeing when backing so far. As far as the laws, the city council where I live pulled the tint law from the books a few months back because the police didnt have the equipment to properly inforce the law and didnt want to spend money to either. As far as state, well, your guess is as good as mine, but the highway patrol havent said much except compliments about the whole truck.

Eric

------------------
"Big E"
Red 2000
In-dash CD player
Clear Corner Lens
Super White bulbs in headlights and fog lamps
Spray in bedliner
Tinted Windows
Valentine 1 radar detector
Viper 550E alarm with Call Com Link
Water Wetter
K&N Filter
Downs Air Filter Kit
Beltech 2" Drop Shackles
Red Brake Calipers

Old 07-22-2000, 04:56 AM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
22 percent up here for the sides. Cost, $189. It is legal up here to sell darker tint, but the price jumps to $289. I should have done it in Las Vegas, $105, lifetime warranty, as dark as I want.

Old 07-22-2000, 05:02 AM
40% on the sides and Limo in the rear(on dark nights it is hard to see out of at times) All for $85, couldnt pass that on up! Oh and it is Legal!

[This message has been edited by Burninout101 (edited 07-22-2000).]

Quick Reply: Window Tint - How dark is too dark