Lightning

Painting Mirror Caps - how to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2000, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Painting Mirror Caps - how to remove?

Hi F-riends!

Just wanted to know because I haven't actually taken a look at this yet, but....I wanted to paint my mirror end caps like the 00 Bolts have and I just wondered how you would go about removing them?

Please let me know with some detail if you can.

Thx kindly!

Paul G.

Old 07-03-2000, 10:34 PM
PBGas:

Just move the mirror far to each side and reach in with a small screwdriver. There are compressed clips that hold them on.

I've already had mine painted. Actually bought another set from Ford and retained the originals.

Good Luck

------------------

Rich
1999.5 SVT Lightning - Red. Super Chip. K&N Filter. Viper Alarm w/remote start, Sir Michael's roll pan, smooth corners and steps w/billet inserts, clear corner lenses, tow package, cd changer, cover, Phantom boost gauge, MTX Thunderform w/ 2 10" MTX 200w. subs. 5-channel 500w. Clarion amp.(APA5241), (4)Polk Audio 3-way, 130w. DX 7's, Color-matched Muth signal mirrors, Soundproofed cab, BedRug, AIM 2" Drop, Trenz billet grills, etc. Build #2755
TampaSVT@Tampabay.rr.com

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/tampasvt/...Lightning9.jpg

1999.5 Expedition XLT
2001 PT Cruiser Limited on the way!!!

Old 07-03-2000, 10:49 PM
Cool

Be careful since it's fairly easy to break them. Just pry them enough to be able to loosen it.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Kenwood am/fm cassette head unit, PYLE 2000 Plus speakers, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Lund Lunar Visor, Ventshades, AVS slotted taillight covers painted to match, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna, ported MAF sensor, Motorsport 9mm wires, dual platinum motorcraft plugs, K&N filter, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

http://njf150truckclub.homestead.com/wyldf150.html

Old 07-03-2000, 11:39 PM
Thx a bunch Buds! I may just order a set...they can't be that expensive, so then I can get just leave them with the painter.

Thx again for the help!

Paul G.

Quick Reply: Painting Mirror Caps - how to remove?