Lightning

Underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2000, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Underdrive pulleys

Did a search, but didn't find anything of relevance. Has anyone installed the underdrive pulley kit that Roger is offering on the f-150 online store? If so, what kind of gains, if any, are you observing? Does an underdrive pulley work in conjunction with the Downs oversized crank pulley? I am just wondering what kinds of mods are cost effective, and which are a waste of money.

------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

'92 Civic Si, Centerforce Dualfriction clutch, no front license plate.
'84 Alan Record Carbonio, Aerospoke wheels, Sugino AT crankset, Campy brakes (I think, hard to tell underneath the protective coat of grease and dirt).
'98 Honda "Harmony" 5.0 h.p. mulching mower, stock.
2000 silver SVT Lightning on order (the lawnmower will have to go).

alphadoggy@jetlink.net

Old 02-29-2000, 11:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey George, Sal here. I can't offer first hand knowledge on this, but I do have something to put forth. The pulleys on the Lightning are regular F-150 and therefore the pulley kit should fit. HOWEVER, you must keep in mind that the hub for the lower blower pulley bolts onto the crank pulley/balancer and since pulley kits usually contain smaller crank pulleys, I think there would be a problem bolting the blower pulley hub back on. Just food for though...

------------------
SAL (E-mail- PowerSurgePerf@aol.com)
13.35@103mph
All stock with PSP 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit

Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

Old 03-02-2000, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You da man, Sal. I guess that puts the kibosh on that idea. Anybody out there using the Downs crank pulley? Seems like a pretty expensive way to go, for the gain involved. I am certain I am not going to mess with the blower pulley, though. Also, I know at least two of you have installed Cal-tracs. Wondering if they really help you hook up that much, and whether they compromise the handling or towing capacity? I sent these questions to Cal-tracs, but they never responded.

Quick Reply: Underdrive pulleys