Lightning

Stereo upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2000, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stereo upgrades

I know a few of you have upgraded your stereos,I was looking to replace the in-door speakers but I don't know what size I need,I could use some help.I also would like to know where you guys mounted your amps,and remounted the cd changer(either the factory one or the upgrade) when you took the "storage" bin out??? I have to Rockford Fosgate 10's that will be going in soon and I'd like some ideas. Did you cover your subwoofers w/ carpet and if so does it match the interior?
Thanx in advance,
Brett the "Hitman"

Old 01-22-2000, 06:24 PM
Hitman

I upgraded my stereo with MB Quarts components in the door 61/2 in door. The amp i used is the Kicker four channel, front two channels to the Quarts and back two to the Subs. Have 2 10s Kikers in a MTX Thunderfoarm. Mounted the amp under the passenger seat and mounted the changer under the console . Hope this helps Dennis

Old 01-22-2000, 06:42 PM
Hitman:

Look into the MTX Thunderform before you decide. Looks like original Ford equipment.
The door speakers are 5 x 7's. I replaced mine with Polk Audio DX 7's. 5-channel Amp is under the pass. seat.

Good Luck. GO BUCS !!!!!!

------------------
Rich
1999.5 SVT Lightning - Red. Super Chip. K&N Filter. Viper Alarm w/remote start, clear corners, tow package, cd changer, cover, Phantom boost gauge, MTX Thunderform w/ 2 10" MTX 200w subs. 5-channel 300w Clarion amp., Polk Audio 3-way, 130w DX 7's, Muth signal mirrors, etc. Build #2755
TampaSVT@Tampabay.rr.com

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/tampasvt/images/Light21.jpg
1999.5 Expedition XLT

Old 01-22-2000, 10:10 PM
Lightbulb

Hitman,

A couple of options I can think of as far as the front speakers are concerned...

1) You can get component speakers and mount them in the stock location. 5 1/4 midbasses or 6 1/2 midbasses should fit comfortably with a tweeter. Some of these components kits come with a plate mount. Otherwise, it's pretty simple to mount them on a wooden baffle which then mounts to the door.

2) You can get three way component sets. The woofer would go into the stock location, which can accept up to an 8 incher without difficulty. The mids and tweeters can be mounted in the kickpanels. This gives you the best imaging. Q-forms makes kickpanels for the F-150s. You would have to either bend the parking brake or add spacers so it will clear the kickpanel.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Thunder
rainmaker@attglobal.net

Black 97 Expedition EB 5.4L 4WD

Mods: Lightning Wheels, Pirelli Scorpion Zero 285/55VR18, K&N Gen II Kit, JET Chip

Brembo 14" disc brake kit coming right up!!!And hopefully a Lightning engine too!!!

Audio: McIntosh MX406, McIntosh MCD4000, Zapco SX-SL, Zapco EQ30, Genesis Monoblocks (3), Genesis Dual Mono, Dynaudio System 340, Dynaudio System 220, JL Audio Stealthbox

Quick Reply: Stereo upgrades