Lightning

Redline Water Wetter

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-1999, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Redline Water Wetter

I have seen bits and pieces from some of you regarding the Water Wetter from Redline being used in your intercoolers. I was thinking about going this route, but have also seen bits about leaking intercoolers. My concern is the leaks being related to water wetter. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 11-08-1999, 10:47 AM
Radarlove,

I put the water wetter in both radiators at around 100 miles. I am approaching 6k miles now and have not had to add or change either one. Since I saw the posts about losing intercooler fluid, I have been keeping a close eye on the tank. So far, no probs.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood - Delivered and at the body shop; Cal-Tracs traction bars

Old 11-08-1999, 06:59 PM
Cool

Same here.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip,Water Wetter, Mobil 1, Foglamp Covers, 13.573@101.08

Old 11-08-1999, 08:34 PM
Wyldman,

Wish you would get that Bear to the track and post some times. You are driving me crazy with all those slick mods.......

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, Rhino Liner, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 11-08-1999, 08:45 PM
Dunbarton,

The bear is actually "The Black BEAST" and I am hoping to go next weekend. (I know, I said the same thing last week).

The weather has cooled and the NOS is just waiting to be unleashed on the track. I can't wait myself, but I have to be a good boy for a while longer.

As soon as I have some times, I'll happily post them, good, bad, or indifferent, and you can always count on me to be honest.

My goody list is going to be slowing down a bit until I pay for and install the 32V 4.6 Mark VIII motor in my T-Bird that I found yesterday. That won't stop me from getting the 2000 overhead console, it's already ordered (hehe, MORE TOYS!).

Oh to live the life of a normal, mortal man. All of this freedom is making me a bit crazier than normal.......

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood - Delivered and at the body shop; Cal-Tracs traction bars

Old 11-09-1999, 06:13 PM
Hey Wyldman,

Can you tell me more about those traction bars? A webpage maybe?

------------------
'98 4.6 5-sp F-150
We've come for your Tundra.

http://www.mcmullenargus.com/gallery...ge=1165&pub=12
trixters-playground@excite.com
www.truckinweb.com

Old 11-09-1999, 06:25 PM
Crash1,
www.calvertracing.com

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com

Quick Reply: Redline Water Wetter