Harley-Davidson

New user here...What are some of the mods....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New user here...What are some of the mods....

I'm a new user on here...I traded my 2003 cobra for this truck ( something different) I have one question, What are some of the mods ya'll are doing to your trucks? I know about JDM and I LOVE all there mods. I keep hearing about an Anderson Powerpipe, Anybody done this mod and if so what are the numbers ya'll recieved ( HP & TQ ) Any other mods that are coming up like Free mods airbox etc.... and HOW THE HELL can I rig up my fog light to turn on with my parking lights? Thanks for the help

2002 HD F150
-Mods lol
-Big 12 in filter from JDM

Old 12-29-2002, 09:58 PM
welcome to the site and congrats on the HD

post pics and all when you get a chance, and join the HD registry
www.svtregistry.com/harley-davidson

Any other mods that are coming up like Free mods airbox etc.... and HOW THE HELL can I rig up my fog light to turn on with my parking lights? Thanks for the help
just check out the supporting vendor's sites for some awsome mods, and for the foglight mod, there are 3 ways you can do that

here's a quote i typed up for somebody else a week ago

here ya go crockett, here's the how to on it

https://www.f150online.com/tech/lightningfog1.html

you can do it 3 ways.

1. splice the # 5 and #12 wires. your fogs will ALWAYS be on except for when you have the switch in the off position. So if you have your parking lights on, the fogs are on, headlights on teh fogs are on, autolamp on, the fogs are on. downside is the fogs will always be on whenever the lights are, but its the easiest to do.

2. splice the 2 wires that it says in that how-to, and file the switch down like it explains in that how to. Now it will act totally stock, but it will allow you to pull the switch out in the parking light position and the fogs will turn on. downside to this one is the switch will tend to feel a little sloppy after you file it down, and the risk of screwing something up and having to pay for a new switch (70 bucks), but this is the most stock appearing way to do it

3. this is the way i did it. Splice a spare wire onto the #5 wire, i'll call this wire "spare 5". Splice a different spare wire onto the #12 wire, i'll call this wire "spare 12". Run sprare 5 and spare 12 under the dash and hook them up to a toggle switch. i mounted mine on a tube that extends down from under the steerring wheel behind the dash. Its hidden so you can see it, but its right in reach when you are sitting in the seat. When the switch is flipped up, everything acts totally stock, as if the wires were unspliced, with the switch down, the fogs will be on in every light position except the off position (cuz there's no power in that position). I like this way the best, cuz its easy to do (took me about 15 minutes) i didn't have to mess with the switch and risk screwing something up or having a sloppy feeling switch, and i can choose if i want the fogs on or off.

ya just gotta pick which you like best and go at it

Old 12-29-2002, 10:34 PM
Thanks and i'll get started on that tomorrow....Do you have any performance mods for your truck yet??

Old 12-29-2002, 11:32 PM
i've got one i've been doing the appearance side 1st cuz i do alot of shows, and that'll get me more points than the performance mods first. but i'm starting to go for the performance ones now that i've got alot of appearance stuff done

our trucks are different though cuz the 00 and 01HD's weren't supercharged, so you 02 and 03 guys are lucky

anyway, here's a list of my mods so far (mostly appearance, but like i said, performance is next)
-HD edition leer fiberglass tonneau
-Harley F-150 floormats (popular and sought after mod now that i showed mine to everybody. lol)
-Custom made HD bra for long trips (email me if you want info on this)
-Custom Tonneau Inserts
-Ventshades
-Painted Calipers
-Painted Inside Of Exhaust Tips
-Air Force One FIPK (my lonely performance mod, but damn was it worth it
-2" Rear Drop Shackles
-Chrome Engine Bay Trim
-Cervini's Ram Air Hood
-Foglight Mod
-Red Wire Looms
-Chrome HD Plate Frame
-Zaino Polish (not really a mod, but this stuff is amazing!)
-02 HD Head/Corner Lights
-Painted Bumper Hole Plug (little mod, but it adds to the whole picture)
-Matching custom Billet Hood Scoop Inserts
-02 Lightning Taillights
-Clarion 8" Subwoofer/Console
-Lightning 3rd LED Brakelight
-Chrome 03HD Bed Tiedowns
-Red Streetglow Goldclass Underbody Neon
-Chrome Coolflex Radiator Hose with Red Coated Endcaps

and i didn't just sit here and think of all my mods and type them, i just copy and pasted them from my gallery. LOL
here's a link of you are bored and want to check it out

www.fordtruckworld.com/harley356

and why not, here's my list of upcoming mods....upcoming VERY soon

-Superchip
-1" Front Drop
-Billet Underhood Goodies
-02 HD Centercaps
-02 HD Keys
-Red Neon behind Ram Air Hood, and under Bedrails
-Tailgate Seal
-JLP Prefilter
- Billet Antenna
-Bedrug
-Magnaflows
-Billet Interior Accessories
-Smooth Side Steps * Smooth Bumper Caps * Smoothed Stock Cowl * Smooth Tailgate Handle * Smooth Antenna Base Cap * Smooth Underhood Pieces *
-Factory Tech Valve Body

if i had a 02 or 03 HD with the supercharger, most of my mods would be more performance, but since i don't, i'm more show than go, but still doing a few performance mods

Old 12-29-2002, 11:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Harley02F150... welcome to the f150online clan!

RP

Old 12-30-2002, 06:04 PM
Thanks Rockpick

Quick Reply: New user here...What are some of the mods....