Sat Radio Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sat Radio Help

Ok heres my deal, I have an 04 F150 6 disk. I want to hook up sat radio but im not sure how to go about it. My f150 has the sub and the AUX button on the radio but when i hit it it say no aux.... Does this mean the radio is not sat ready? Do i need a new HU? I would like to keep it factory... Thanks for looking.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:53 AM
73 views and no help? Com on man!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 PM
i just bought an 08 with sat radio...when i got it is wasnt active but when i hit the aux button it would scroll through sat 1 ,sat 2, sat 3 ... on the screen is displayed the phone # to acctivate the siriusxm are you getting any of that ?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:25 PM
You would need the sirius box with a way to hook it into the Aux on the radio. After that you should be able to use the aux to get it going. I have an aftermarket and I am using a sat radio connect through aux with no problems. I have ordered the kit so I can use the Sat in my Radio rather than a Radio that would sit outside the panels of the truck. My understanding is Sat did not hit vehicles until the 2006 year.

dan

Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My '08 STX said Satellite-ready, and after doing some research, all that would be required to fix mine up would be the antenna. My dealer offered a price of $95.00 installed and out the door, but I've got Sirius on my iPhone and just use the AUX port (3.5mm input jack) on the top of the dash to send it through the speakers. My brother has a '04 Lariat SuperCrew with everything...but the AUX port at the top of the dash

Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 AM
I just bought an '08 F150 with a factory Sirius radio. I'd like to upgrade the head unit. Is the Sirius tuner integrated into the factory head unit? Or is it a separate unit tucked in the dash somewhere that I'll be able to simply plug into a new head unit?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by mikec426
I just bought an '08 F150 with a factory Sirius radio. I'd like to upgrade the head unit. Is the Sirius tuner integrated into the factory head unit? Or is it a separate unit tucked in the dash somewhere that I'll be able to simply plug into a new head unit?
I think its built in . The antennae plugs into radio, along side the am fm antennae.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Ok heres my deal, I have an 04 F150 6 disk. I want to hook up sat radio but im not sure how to go about it. My f150 has the sub and the AUX button on the radio but when i hit it it say no aux.... Does this mean the radio is not sat ready? Do i need a new HU? I would like to keep it factory... Thanks for looking.
I had to use one of these on my '05 with the Aux button.

http://www.pie.net/

The connector allows the Sirius unit to be hard-wired into the back of the factory head unit. All I do is push the Aux button to transfer over to the Sirius.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tbones
I think its built in . The antennae plugs into radio, along side the am fm antennae.
The Sat radio unit sits below the OEM radio and plugs into the same. The antenna goes into the Sat radio unit, not the OEM radio. Bottom line...if you change the head unit with one that is Sat ready, you will still need the upgrade Sat. unit for that radio. The only thing that can be re-used is the OEM Sat. antenna. I just went through this with my 07 that had 6 disk HU with Sat radio OEM, installed a Pioneer HU sat ready and had to get a Pioneer Sat conversion unit with it.

Quick Reply: Sat Radio Help