How to add Sirius to 2011 F150?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to add Sirius to 2011 F150?

My 2011 F150 did not come with Sirius radio. It has a Sirius "button" but it was not installed. I have a FM/AM/CD (single CD) player. How can add Sirius where it works through the radio. I know I can add an external until but I would like for it to work like it was factory.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 PM
I also have the same situation as paint guy. Does amyone know what is required to make this work?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 AM
me too!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 AM
I had audio shop add a plug and play isimple gateway media interface with a sirius scc1 sat radio unit. The sat radio works great but runs battery down in two days. Anyone hear this before?

Old 05-01-2011, 08:39 PM
My dealer just installed Sirius into my 2010 for free.. When they were trying to sell me the truck back in November, The salesman told me the truck had Siruis and it ended up not being installed, Just had the button.. So they ended up ordering the kit from Ford and putting it in for free + gave me 6 months free. So there is a kit out there to add it to work with the OEM radio, Just not sure of the cost.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by BLACKOUT FX4
My dealer just installed Sirius into my 2010 for free.. When they were trying to sell me the truck back in November, The salesman told me the truck had Siruis and it ended up not being installed, Just had the button.. So they ended up ordering the kit from Ford and putting it in for free + gave me 6 months free. So there is a kit out there to add it to work with the OEM radio, Just not sure of the cost.
What kind of antenna did you end up with? Magnetic or hole-drilled and mounted?

Randy

Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I have Sync and steering wheel controls. I started with stereo part number: BL3T-19C107-AB

I installed an OEM stereo that included the Sirius module built-in. I simply installed the stereo, mounted an XM/Sirius antenna on the dash next to the light sensor, in front of the tray, and I was listening to satellite radio.
Ford Part number: 9L3T-18C869-DA

Sync still works perfectly, but I will need to visit the stealer to have the stereo programmed to accept my steering wheel controls.

I took a bunch of pics, but its easier than I thought it would be, remove original stereo, install new stereo and antenna.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 AM
I have checked and there appears to be only two options for the factory radio to get Sirius. There is a kit that can be added for about $400 but it is on national backorder. It has to be ordered through the dealer. Or you have to replace the entire radio for about $600.

Ford should add the satellite receiver to these trucks. They do charge enough.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I got my radio from automotix.com for $140.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Satellite Radio Antenna Woes...

Originally Posted by 38Blackfin
What kind of antenna did you end up with? Magnetic or hole-drilled and mounted?

Randy
I had the exact same situation as BLACKOUT FX4. Dealer installed the radio for free on my 2011 F150 and the OEM kit came with a magnetic antenna. The radio they installed was a United Radio from Ford. The module # is 8S4T-18C953-A, the radio engineering # is BL3T-19C107-BA, the service # is BL3Z-18C869-AC. I don't know the difference between all the numbers - they are just what the dealer gave me.

The dealer wasn't happy about how the installation of the antenna wire along the edge of the windshield came out either: there's no room for the wire under the windshield so basically they had to run it along the edge of the windshield and hide it underneath some dark grey caulk. It works, and it doesn't leak at all, but if you look closely, it looks like an afterthought. There doesn't seem to be any guidance from Ford about the install (or my dealer is just lying to me about that), so they had to figure it out on their own.

However... a week later the magnetic mount put a small scratch in the roof after I drove under some trees. So this week, I'm going back to the dealer and having them move the antenna INSIDE. I read on one of these forums that reception is pretty good with the antenna mounted on the dash as far forward as possible (next to the blinking red light). The front edge of the dash has lots of room underneath, so this install shouldn't be a problem at all. Even if the reception sucks, I'm not going to have it outside anymore - it moves around too much.

There's a couple of other threads that talk about mounting the antenna in the windshield wiper tray, but those threads refer to older F150's. I will ask my dealer if this is a viable option too, but I still like the idea of having everything inside.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Has anyone tried the link below? Would that work??? I have the same problem as Paint guy, I just purchased a 2011 Ford F-150 XLT and assumed it had sirius being as it had the "Sirius" button. However, when I push it it says it doesn't have it. I asked the people at the dealership and they said the adapter or whatever was like $500, but i googled around and found this.

http://store.xmfanstore.com/complete...n-mercury.html

Has anyone looked at/used this before, and if so did it work okay?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
What he said... I have the same set-up and the link posted above looks like it will do what the dealer installed equipment will do...
anyone tried that yet?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
So has anyone tried this kit the price looks great. Since my dealer told me it would cost me 500 installed. If you have how hard was the install??

Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by speloq
So has anyone tried this kit the price looks great. Since my dealer told me it would cost me 500 installed. If you have how hard was the install??
I just installed this kit. It took about an hour give or take and its all plug and play.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 PM
installed kit

my dealer installed that aftermarket kit....Problem is you have to scroll thru the menu 9 times before you get to the Sat stations...and also you can only use presets 1-6.. 7..8..9..0 do not work.

I am not happy with this and the dealer is exploring other options.

Quick Reply: How to add Sirius to 2011 F150?